Best (portable!) Oscillating Fan For Caravan?

Lozzyf

We have a small fan . . Bit like this one post-75029-0-94973900-1496040516_thumb.jpg and to be honest the dogs panting shifts more air!!!!. Any recommendations ?,without getting ridiculous!!.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

Got ours from dunelm mill for £12. Brilliant, so quiet you can have it on at night and if needed it really makes air move when on high. It's a 12 inch oscillating desk/table fan

We have a small fan . . Bit like this one attachicon.gifIMG_3367. JPG and to be honest the dogs panting shifts more air!!!!. Any recommendations ?,without getting ridiculous!!.

morrisons supermarket do one. about 2 feet tall and rotates. we got one for our van and 3 speeds

How about something like THIS ?

I've ordered one for using in our 'van, only 30 watt and not a bad price?

Brian the Snail, (I miss the Magic Roundabout!)

Wow. ..seems us non-EHU users are getting to be in the minority now.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Wow. . . seems us non-EHU users are getting to be in the minority now.

geoff

You can get 12v car fans - we had one years ago when the kids were small and we were on a basic seasonal pitch with no facilities. Clearly remember taking the TP2 Labcraft battery pack home to recharge after each weekend!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

The Dyson fanattachicon.gifDyson fan. jpg is apparently fantastic . .. but so is the price!!

John

Yep it's really very good (hot and cold) but, at the price, only really worth considering if used at home as well.

Sam :beardy:

The Dyson fanattachicon.gifDyson fan. jpg is apparently fantastic . . . but so is the price!!

John

My oh my!!!!! I'd be worried it would get stolen . either that or I'd be walking around with it under my arm all day!!!

You can get 12v car fans - we had one years ago when the kids were small and we were on a basic seasonal pitch with no facilities. Clearly remember taking the TP2 Labcraft battery pack home to recharge after each weekend!

My,you are showing your age now!......yes I remember them there fans. ...one flew off its mount into the fruit bowl and was never used again!

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I find all tangential fans to be noisy, as is the Dyson, and prefer the conventional 4 vane type. We have an old Philips with 3 speeds, and it is inaudible on the lowest speed. Fine for use at night. Unfortunately larger is better for air volume vs noise.

I find all tangential fans to be noisy, as is the Dyson, and prefer the conventional 4 vane type. We have an old Philips with 3 speeds, and it is inaudible on the lowest speed. Fine for use at night. Unfortunately larger is better for air volume vs noise.

Well I know I'm going to sound thick but I haven't a clue, WHAT tangential means!??? I'd be guessing at 4 vane being the propellor ones??? . . I need a lesson in science/physics!!!!

Well I know I'm going to sound thick but I haven't a clue, WHAT tangential means!??? I'd be guessing at 4 vane being the propellor ones??? . . I need a lesson in science/physics!!!!

Sorry! Tangential is like the one in post #4. Yes I meant I preferred the 4 blade like a propeller. The tangential style have more thin slats and tend to be noisier. A well designed (amazing how much technology is used in designing propeller blades!) 4-blade works very well but is perhaps a less convenient shape. A 12" size is a good compromise in size vs air flow, still moving plenty of air at low speeds, as you get down to 6-8" they clearly move a lot less air and need a higher speed to compete.

Probably just muddied the water for you!

The Dyson fan is definitely quieter than ANY other fan Ive used, I have one here in front of me now and it's inaudible the lowest speed and very quiet on the fastest.

We bought an ordinary desk top fan years ago from B&Q. It lives in the caravan. It must be about 15 inches across, maybe smaller ? It is really effective. It saved us when we were in the Vendee and it was 40+ degrees during the day. It meant we slept at least !

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.