Solar Panel, No Reading.

tim

Hi All,

Just went to check my solar panels before our trip away tomorrow.

I have two fixed on the roof, both going to a regulater, with both the positive wires having a fuse just before they go into the regulator.

One of the panels wasn't showing any reading on the regulator.

I put my meter to the wires from the panel with no reading on the regulator, it showed no reading on my meter. However when I put the meter on the wires from the solar panel that is working, it shows a reading.

I then noticed the negative wire was somewhat coroded. I also tried my meter on the terminal directly attached to the panel and no reading there.

So assume the panel is not working.

Could it be that the wires had touched each other, causing a short, and then would this damage the panel?

It's a semi flexible panel, about 5 years old, 100 watts.

Thanks

Tim

Any ideas anyone?

It's a Baird panel, and doing some google searches, seems other people have had problems with them,

Thanks

Tim

Reading the post the first thought I had was" is it a semi flexible?", which is further on was stated.

The reason for my thought is because I have come across this now several times, early life panel failures of semi flexible panels.

The reason why I have resisted their otherwise attractions for my own use and others I have "helped".

Thanks for reply.

I am not the only one then.

Not sure if I will buy another one now.

Tim