Hello

Well, hello folks, brand new to caravans and towing, and even camping, live up the highlands of Scotland, and after many years of jumping on a plane and disappearing abroad we decided to buy our first caravan and travel the U. K. For a change, our first Caravan is a 2004 swift Challenger 500 SE and at the moment I have 2l Astra tourer SRi for towing it, although this may change in the future.

Our first trip away is today, just packing up and balancing the van, looking forward to going, heading to Dornoch for a "local" trip to see how we get on setting everything up etc, so as we are not too far from civilisation if we forget something,

So thanks for having me and look forward to hearing/reading your adventures and hints etc on the forum.

Never towed a caravan before, so expect it to be a scary experience, although have towed some mighty trailers etc . .hoe I will manage

Welcome to Caravan Talk. The towing experience should never be scary if you apply common sense but you will find lots of helpful advice within Caravan Talk if you browse through the various areas, and now you have joined us, you can of course post any specific questions that your first trip away prompts.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi there Dereknic and :welcome: to CT, it's a great place to find answers to all of our questions and problems.

Hope that the first trip went well.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em