No Signal

Own a 2013 Elddis Bucanneer. ..... tv ariel has always worked. ... visited site and can't get any to signal whatsoever. Was fully working when we last visited van 4 weeks ago????

Any suggestions??

Where are you, there may not be a signal to be received. You have retuned your TV haven't you.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Assuming you remembered to switch the amp on, try using a signal finder, if there is a signal the fringe signal finder will find it.

Unplug the white coax from the Ariel and plug it into the finder, if you haven't got one spend around £25 and get one, I have the 12 led one.

http://www. systemsat. co. uk/satellite-finders/sac-fringe-pro-meter-tv-satellite. html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwx6TJBRCWtsiXpI7bhOYBEiQA1en3F_g_spsnq-o3zzL-9gBggIrHttcjZkURxbqDKcN2YQkaAvA18P8HAQ

Have you got the whip aerial?? :(

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Have you tried re tuning of your tv?

Check aerial position, it might have moved in the wind

2013 Bailey Unicorn Cadiz  pulled by a Landrover Freelander 2 / VW Passat Estate 2.0 Blue Motion

Assuming TV left in caravan on seasonal: DO NOT RETUNE

In general never retune a receiver that was working when a fault occurs. It loses all the tuned channels stored in memory and makes it difficult to know that you have fixed the fault.

Check with neighbours and warden. If they have also lost TV it may be a transmitter fault (although these are rare today). https://www. radioandtvhelp. co. uk will allow a check on that! Try your TV on their working aerial? (Now a retune may be in order, in case TV has lost memory of tuned channels).

Power to amplifiers or amplifier failure can occur. Check DC present, and bypass the amp if possible. ..some aerials will provide enough signal without.

Cables and connections can give 90% of problems so also go over them. Remake any suspect ones.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

• 4 weeks later...

l have the whip in my Coachman VIP totally useless, was going to have it changed for status but they can be just as unreliable so going to up grade my Sat to the newer version

Heethers
Lunar Clubman SB
07 ShogunSWB

Status directional is not afaik unreliable. I have only had one amp/psu failure in 4 caravans over 20 years and managed a tour with the amp bypassed (except one site).

Omni flying saucer type do receive signals as well 'cos they are omni and the transmitter network needs directional aerials!

There are alternative brands now, too that are directional.

But for Avtex whip replacement a standard log periodic aerial on a pole would be one, cheaper, and potentially better, option than any 'caravan special aerial' from Status or any other maker.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Check with the warden, it is possible that there has been a transmitter change. Or check with a neighbour, they may be aware of the issue. It could also be that your amplifier has died.

Whip is best I have ever had across UK. ..

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Whip is best I have ever had across UK. . .

The exception that proves the rule ;)

At first I found the standard areal useless on my VIP, but that was until I found that the external areal cable was connected instead. If you're having problems, have a look under the o/s seat and check whether the black or brown areal cable is attached (there is a sticker pointing out which one should be connected)

Hope this helps.

Did PBarton (the OP) ever bother to come back and tell us all what was wromg and how he sorted it or is he just sitting there watching a blank screen :unsure:

Lots of people tried offering advice which has gone into a black hole

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Same comment for the other post - it's nice to hear when a problem has been solved as it can quite often help others as well.

At first I found the standard areal useless on my VIP, but that was until I found that the external areal cable was connected instead. If you're having problems, have a look under the o/s seat and check whether the black or brown areal cable is attached (there is a sticker pointing out which one should be connected)

Hope this helps.

Sidetop, our sticker is in the top cupboard off side, just left of the sink where the booster is located which states brown coaxial cable to be attached to the input on the booster when outside aerial is required, disconnect and attach roof aerial when outside is not required. l have tried every permentation to no avail. When attaching the outside cable to my home aerial every thing is fine some 122 channels found plus radio, my next step is to try it when we are away in case the 4g mast is blocking the signal

Heethers
Lunar Clubman SB
07 ShogunSWB

my next step is to try it when we are away in case the 4g mast is blocking the signal

4G rarely causes problems even when a mobile phone transmitter is close by (and even then only affects a few channels typically, unless it causes gross overload of an amplifier).

Most likely issues are (imho)

1) omni twig at 2. 5m above ground just doesn't collect enough UHF TV signal compared to directional rooftop home aerial at 10m high.

2) omni twig's +12V power supply / -ve return is not present, so the twig's inbuilt amplifier is not working = no signal

3) cable from twig to the second booster-amplifier-splitter box is broken, shorted or otherwise faulty. (Can it be by-passed with a known working cable? Or even use the twig aerial 'direct' into a TV for testing purposes)

4) omni twig aerial is faulty

5) 4G is causing gross overload of the twig amplifier.

Rodders never thought of that one l will attach coaxial cable direct from the Avtex Ariel to try out your suggestion, thanks for info

Heethers
Lunar Clubman SB
07 ShogunSWB

Own a 2013 Elddis Bucanneer. . . .. . tv ariel has always worked. . . . visited site and can't get any to signal whatsoever. Was fully working when we last visited van 4 weeks ago????

Any suggestions??

Same problem last time I was out, Elddis 2014 crusader shamal, same site where it worked before, this time zero signal ! guy in next van gave me a Image aerial to try, full signal no problem, so have ordered one off E bay

• 3 weeks later...

4G rarely causes problems even when a mobile phone transmitter is close by (and even then only affects a few channels typically, unless it causes gross overload of an amplifier).

Most likely issues are (imho)

2) omni twig's +12V power supply / -ve return is not present, so the twig's inbuilt amplifier is not working = no signal

Just an FYI but only the first version of the Avtex whip had a 12v supply. The second version (as I think is fitted to some 2014/2015 Elddis and Coachman vans) had a separate 12v booster (branded Svenson).

However it's all irrelevant as neither version of the antenna work reliably ;-).

Mark.

Bailey Unicorn 3 Barcelona

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 7 seater