Tyre Pump Struggling

I have had my 12v. pump for over twenty years, so it does not owe me anything. Recently

it has started to struggle to anywhere near 65 psi, which I need in the caravan tyres. It

works fine for the car. What do readers recommend for a replacement. (Apart from using

a garage!) :D

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

I've just bought one of these. Tad expensive, but needed one for both cars and the van. ..

https://www. amazon. co. uk/gp/product/B019DW1GW6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

I burnt 2 out.

Tried single foot pumps could not get enough pressure.

Got a double barrel foot pump could not get enough power in my feet was so hard.

Final got a stirrup pump type of pump from Halfords and it's best thing since sliced bread.

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

My 50 year old Halfords single barrell foot pump does the job - certainly gets my van tyres up to 62psi and I'm sure it would go higher.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Not with my knees, back and hips it wouldn't :D

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

I use a Joe Blow stirrup pump (from Halfords.)

10 pumps = 1psi.

And before anyone says it. ...... no I don't pump a caravan up to 65psi from flat. I merely top it up 1-2psi at the start of each trip. It takes little effort to do that. ..even with my bad hip and neck! I do far more strenuous things pitching a caravan, lugging containers of water around the site. .not to mention the wife's shopping.

I found the voltage drop along the 12v cable (admittedly from socket as opposed to directly off battery) was too much. The pump wouldn't reach above 60psi. And I needed to have car engine running. ...which meant diesel fumes directed at the caravan when hitched up ready to go. A stirrup pump decomplexed all that.

Edited by ericfield

Did I mention my shoulders as well :D

My 12 volt I plug into caravan and reaches 65psi easily. Strangely one 12 volt socket on caravan had a higher rated fuse from new and copes fine on a 10 amp fuse.

I have a Ring RAC635 bought from Halfords comes in a very neat fabric zip case and lives beneath the front passenger seat. Capable of 80 PSI it says.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

I asked about a pump,not what condition every one is in! :D:D

I would look at a stirrup pump, David, but. .................OOOOOHHH me back!! :D

Edited by gravon42

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

This has come up a few times before on this site. I have a Ring 700 12v pump that works well. It comes with a long curly airline so will reach most places without moving the pump or needing a long lead. Only issue is that it is so powerful it needs a direct connection to the battery via croc clips which means raising the bonnet each time as the cigarette lighter points can't provide enough current.

I asked about a pump,not what condition every one is in! :D:D

I would look at a stirrup pump, David, but. . . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . OOOOOHHH me back!! :D

How's your wife's back ? :ph34r:

Got fed up with messing about with foot pumps and 12v stuff and bought these.

Does the car in the drive as well.

post-1814-0-77683100-1495877586_thumb.png

post-1814-0-01786000-1495877624_thumb.png

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em