Weighbridge Information?

bubble2015

Does anyone know a weighbridge between Birmingham and Glasgow where I can get the caravan weighed - wheel by wheel, ie with something like a Reich Weight Control?

I'm interested in the lateral weights not just the actual weight.

Thanks

There were suggestions, about a year ago, that a supplier of dynamic axle beam weighing devices near or in Runcorn had a device for public use but I am unable to find the source of the suggestion on the CT forum.

There's one by me, just off junction 3 of the M42

Public Weighbridge Seafield Lane, Beoley, Redditch. B98 9DB. Tel: 01527 596222

Not sure if it's reich, give them a bell

There were suggestions, about a year ago, that a supplier of dynamic axle beam weighing devices near or in Runcorn had a device for public use but I am unable to find the source of the suggestion on the CT forum.

Thanks DeeTeed

Thats my recollection as well, but I've searched and cant now find the post!

There's one by me, just off junction 3 of the M42

Public Weighbridge Seafield Lane, Beoley, Redditch. B98 9DB. Tel: 01527 596222Not sure if it's reich, give them a bell

Thanks Anthony

Funnily enough that is the one I have used from time to time but it is only a standard weighbridge, not Reich type.

You will need a 10 kg x 50 t weighbridge to measure a caravan to get an accurate figure .

https://www. gov. uk/find-weighbridge

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Does anyone know a weighbridge between Birmingham and Glasgow where I can get the caravan weighed - wheel by wheel, ie with something like a Reich Weight Control?

I'm interested in the lateral weights not just the actual weight.

Thanks

Are you weighing coupled up or detached?

A plate weighbridge can be used if there is a flat space at one side. Place the caravan with one wheel as central as possible on the weighbridge deck then turn it around and weigh the other wheel. Then weigh with both wheels on the weighbridge and it should be very close to the two separate weights added together.

The fragmented ongoing discussion about varying side to side weight differentials has prompted a thought.

A year or so ago someone was selling a Peggy 2 Rimini on Autotrader, only it had the washroom laid out the opposite way to most, if not all. In other words the shower was on the offside and the wardrobe on the nearside. If I recall somebody posted that it was the prototype Rimini built for a show and that feedback made Bailey swap things about on the production models.

Of course Bailey use the same washroom layout in all Peggy 2's, so it's not actually Rimini specific. However I wonder if there was a potential weight reason for the change of layout or whether there was something else that made them swap it about?

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Are you weighing coupled up or detached?

A plate weighbridge can be used if there is a flat space at one side. Place the caravan with one wheel as central as possible on the weighbridge deck then turn it around and weigh the other wheel. Then weigh with both wheels on the weighbridge and it should be very close to the two separate weights added together.

Clever thought but not enough space at the weighbridge I have used.

Might be reduced to buying a Reich weight control!

Budget car racers use bathroom scales (or multiples of) and levers to measure corner weights (Google is your friend here) but it's probably easier and more accurate to get a Reich. Downside is you have to roll the wheel over it to get a weight - not too bad if you've got movers. Then do the jockey wheel.