Toilet In New Caravan

dadof2

We have a new caravan

The new toilet bottom holding tank as a vent ? hole? in the bottom of the cassette which leaks when held upright to carry are to wheel on its wheels and pull with its handle. It seals when laid flat but then you can not pull it with handle.

what ham I doing wrong.

Never had vent hole in bottom of old cassette toilet .

Edited by dadof2

Sprite Quattro dd Volvo xc60

It's a breather which prevents the tank from building pressure. Are you sure it's that which is leaking, and not liquid held on the top of the shutter? The vent has got a thick soft sealing washer inside it.

Ern

The other possibility is that the vent has been fouled with loo role preventing it from closing properly.

Of course, it could just be faulty.

Regards,

Stephen

Olympus II 620-6 & Mitsubishi Shogun

Follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter

If this is a Thetford there is a vent that should only be open when the container is in the box. There is a small ramp in the middle of the box floor which pushes on a tube through the case. On the top of the waste container is a small oval Thetford badge which can be prised out that reveals the top of the tube which has a rocker on it that pushes down on the air vent. There should be a spring to make sure the vent closes.

Have a look on the Thetford web site - there is a huge amount of help including videos that show you what to do.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

OK Thanks will check have it out with clean water

As it is a new caravan surely it should be the dealer and Thetford to solve ? As said if it is a fault the earlier you chase it up the better if it needs a new cassette .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Can we assume you haven't travelled with the cassette full?

I did years ago as site disposal wasn't available and the pressure build up from towing blew the valve and I then got leak next time I took out and carried on site.

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

Not travelled with it full.

As it is a new caravan surely it should be the dealer and Thetford to solve ? As said if it is a fault the earlier you chase it up the better if it needs a new cassette .

Dave

Have book it in with dealer.

why it needs a vent ?when our old caravan of 10 years, toilet cassette work ok.

Thanks for the help

Kevin

Not travelled with it full.

Have book it in with dealer.

why it needs a vent ?when our old caravan of 10 years, toilet cassette work ok.

Thanks for the help

Kevin

Cassettes had a vent even then. If there is no vent, pressure will build inside the cassette and you will get your face splattered first time you use it. You will then wish you had a vent.

Ern

Don't know how you use your loo but it would not be my face that got splattered when I opened the trap.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Don't know how you use your loo but it would not be my face that got splattered when I opened the trap.

:goodpost::lol:

• 2 months later...

Dealer sorted it with new cassette had some more small job done at same time. drove in with van and

out again with in 30mins.

Been away and tested it, its ok now.