Review - Concierge Camping

My wife and I stayed here http://www. conciergecamping. co. uk last weekend, just outside Chichester for 3 days for my wives 40th Birthday.

This place is pretty much the most luxurious site we've stayed in, and the owners who work on site, couldn't be more helpful. The toilet blocks are like nothing i've ever seen on a camp site, and could rival a 5star hotel. The actual site is well laid out, and theres loads of room for your Caravan or Motorhome and car. Each pitch is fully serviced. including satellite hook up if you want it. The wifi for once was actually super fast and very reliable, and included with your price. They had a lovely little shop selling fresh food, drinks, and even coffee.

The site is only a few years old, but already won several awards. Guy, the owner, is a lovely friendly chap, who has an eye for tiny details, and no expense has been spared at this place, it's pure luxury and a real treat to stay at.

There's loads to do around the area, with some amazing restaurants. (We tried the Crab and Lobster, and a pub less than a mile from the site, which was highly rated on TripAdvisor, and both were amazing)

Yes, this place isn't cheap per night, but boy is it worth paying for.

Paul

Looks a really lovely site, rather expensive though! Have read reviews regarding road noise from the A27, did it affect your stay? Pitches look huge. ..my kind of site most definitely :)

Edited by mayblossom

Looks a really lovely site, rather expensive though! Have read reviews regarding road noise from the A27, did it affect your stay? Pitches look huge. . . my kind of site most definitely :)

Sadly the A27 fast bypass being so close is the very big issue it has; 24 x 7 road noise.

Site coordinates are: 50. 852164, -0. 849216

I agree that the area is lovely, we find it great for cycling along that whole strip below the downs, its "local" to us.

Looks very nice however at eye watering prices we would go elsewhere. If there is a main road nearby that does not help as we like peace and quiet.

Road noise always bothers me and the A27 is a very busy road, need peace and quiet when we go away and at that price you'd expect nothing but perfection ;)

We stayed there last year for one night after returning to Portsmouth from France just to see what it was like. I wasn't that impressed with the showers, finding the cubicle dark and rather badly ventilated. The showers are housed in a wooden building with plastic sheet covering everything - not to my taste really. As far as the level of luxury, I don't think the toilet block was anywhere near as good as many we have experienced in Spain and Germany. Good sized pitches yes but the ground surface is the very coarse gravel which doesn't feel particularly nice when you walk on it. I think it's all a bit sterile.

Ern

I cannot find the pitch prices on their "smoke and mirrors" website.

The lack of an easy to find simple pitch price page seems becoming common amongst sites which believe their own hype. It seems that I am not the core market. Their philosophy seems to be If anyone needs to know the price, they can't afford to stay there. :rolleyes::o

I cannot find the pitch prices on their "smoke and mirrors" website.

The lack of an easy to find simple pitch price page seems becoming common amongst sites which believe their own hype. It seems that I am not the core market. Their philosophy seems to be If anyone needs to know the price, they can't afford to stay there. :rolleyes::o

£43 today, and vacancies, £52 on 9th June.

Click on check availability, select out length and up come the dates and prices - pretty straightforward

Kia Sorento KX3 towing Bailey Unicorn Barcelona 2011

Click on check availability, select out length and up come the dates and prices - pretty straightforward

Thank you. As I indicated not a straightforward price list to click on :( .

8th, 9th and 10th of August it's £69 a night . .. why so expensive then? Scary prices

Sorry September not August. ..confusing. .

Found out that it's Goodwood Revival that weekend

Edited by mayblossom

8th, 9th and 10th of August it's £69 a night . .. why so expensive then? Scary prices

Sorry September not August. . . confusing. .

Found out that it's Goodwood Revival that weekend

For that sort of money I would want to park my outfit for three nights alongside the track at Goodwood. :(:rolleyes:

Did you win? :)

No chance, I was making up the numbers against international competition. I only raced for the fun, though despite being the oldest competitor, I would often come 35th out of 110 in the annual championships. :)

I last raced 13 years ago at the age of 67 :) .

Edited by DeeTee

No chance, I was making up the numbers against international competition. I only raced for the fun, though despite being the oldest competitor, I would often come 35th out of 110 in the annual championships. :)

I last raced 13 years ago at the age of 67 :) .

Very impressed! Well done you! :)

I did say it wasn't cheap, but for me and as it was a treat for my wives birthday, I wasn't really looking for a cheap site. (my life wouldn't be worth living)

As for road noise, I personally didn't notice it that much, and managed to fall asleep in my chair outside on the grass.

I did say it wasn't cheap, but for me and as it was a treat for my wives birthday, I wasn't really looking for a cheap site. (my life wouldn't be worth living)

As for road noise, I personally didn't notice it that much, and managed to fall asleep in my chair outside on the grass.

I was not criticising your review nor your choice of site.

You are to be commended for your kindness and generosity of taking your wife to a fully serviced site where she was presumably excused from emptying the chemical toilet for a few days. ;):D:rolleyes:

It will not be long in my view before these all singing all dancing niche sites are referred to as boutique.

Edited by DeeTee

You are to be commended for your kindness and generosity of taking your wife to a fully serviced site where she was presumably excused from emptying the chemical toilet for a few days. ;):D:rolleyes:

HAHA. . I actually don't think my wife has ever emptied the toilet, nor would she ask me to show her how. .

Herding hill farm at Haltwistle is similar, posh site, sauna, loos of the year awards, etc

Nice treat now and then

Stayed on this brilliant site twice and will be again. The A27 can be noisy but you very quickly zone out the sound,certainly not 24/7. The sound of the aircraft especially those pesky Spitfires is more obtrusive.

It is a bit pricey but I think its worth it. We were ther over new year and there was a lovely atmosphere around the place. Pneumatic jockey wheel on our rig, manoeuvering easy peasy.

post-73226-0-39330200-1495751542_thumb.jpg

post-73226-0-91140700-1495751558_thumb.jpg

post-73226-0-00992300-1495751576_thumb.jpg

post-73226-0-09973000-1495751650_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tuningdrew

Love the site, was only the 2nd site we'd ever used and left to late to book this year.

Owners are great, site is great, didn't really pay attention to the road noise.

Yes it's pricey but with only 15 pitches and great services it would be.

Just annoyed I can't get a weekend pitch.

Helps I'm only an hour and half away as well.

Great walks on Wittering beach and food at Dell Quay

Love the site, was only the 2nd site we'd ever used and left to late to book this year.

Owners are great, site is great, didn't really pay attention to the road noise.

Yes it's pricey but with only 15 pitches and great services it would be.

Just annoyed I can't get a weekend pitch.

Helps I'm only an hour and half away as well.

Great walks on Wittering beach and food at Dell Quay

Guy the owner told me they are putting in a further 12 pitches which are going to be classed as 'super luxury' pitches that are fully fenced with their own decking and overhead canopies. They are also installing a new fandango chemical toilet cassette cleaner that you just pop your cassette inside, and it cleans it, and adds the correct amount of chemical etc. They also had a free ice machine that came in very handy, and a super fast charger for electric cars, which I thought was a nice touch, even though I don't have an electric car. . . Some aspects of the site are a little extravagant, but I think if you are going to build your ultimate site, then why not.

Edited by Tourershine

Guy the owner told me they are putting in a further 12 pitches which are going to be classed as 'super luxury' pitches that are fully fenced with their own decking and overhead canopies. They are also installing a new fandango chemical toilet cassette cleaner that you just pop your cassette inside, and it cleans it, and adds the correct amount of chemical etc. They also had a free ice machine that came in very handy, and a super fast charger for electric cars, which I thought was a nice touch, even though I don't have an electric car. . . Some aspects of the site are a little extravagant, but I think if you are going to build your ultimate site, then why not.

Why not just park in a shed?

Ern