Review - Sandringham Caravan & Motorhome Club Site

Just come back from a week at this wonderful site.

The site is large, but not so much that you feel hemmed in, you are not. Its very spacious.

There are 2 toilet blocks, the one nearest reception is the larger of the two. Overall, there are only 5 washing-up sinks, need more. They are also kept very clean.

There are dustbins all over the site, although if you need to throw away large quantity of rubbish, have a word at reception and they will deal with it for you (they will even come and pick it up in their tractor/trailer). We had to get rid of numerous boxes and plastic as hubby is on dialysis and goes through lots, and reception took it away for us.

There are lots of midges flying around, very annoying. Don't know if its this time of year (May) or not.

The TV reception is very poor. We didn't try satellite as we were too close to trees, and walking around the site, nobody had any.

When booking in, you are asked to go through and pick an empty pitch, then you go back to reception (minus the unit of course ;)), and they will give you a card which you swipe at the barriers, both for incoming and outgoing.

Overall, I would recommend this site to anyone, and will even come back here.

Just need a mortgage to stay more than a couple of nights

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Agreed about the site in general. However I do find the CMC demand that you park straight on the pitch with post to O/S/R caravan corner somewhat annoying. Many of the pitches slope both ways - front/back and side/side - so being able to park at 45 degress would make it much easier to level up than having to resort to levelling ramps. Plus being on a hillside makes levelling ramps a beggar to use!

You forgot to mention that TV is available on every EHU pillar - although you might need a long cable on some pitches! Satellite is receivable almost everywhere on the site provided your dish is not attached to your roof. If its on a tripod with a reasonably long cable it is not too difficult. If you are up the hill at the back where trees may screen the sat a bit, terrestrial TV is quite easy to receive: there is a relay transmitter only about a mile north of the site, and Tacolneston (Norwich) and Belmont (Horncastle, Lincs) supply good signals.

Edited by Woodentop

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

We stayed in the CCC site which was just at the rear of the CMC site I think. Both very different. The CMC site being the nicer of the two I think - lots of trees and parking all over the place. It was a few years ago though so I may have rose tinted glasses on now B)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

We spent a couple of weeks there last year with the grandchildren and they had a great time - plenty to do and woods at the back to build camp in as well.

Some good walks through the woods and Sandringham house is about a mile away.

We were there again a couple of weeks ago as well. Didn't have any problems with midges or gnats.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

We are on this site now and agree with the comments except we have got lots of tv programmes and the aerial has not even been pushed up or turned.

No sat though.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

In two week with the grandkids (6 & 9), we didn't even get the TV out of it's bag. We had much more fun doing things.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

One of my favourite sites. We've always had level pitches and good TV reception.