Sign in to follow this  
Sidetops

What Do I Need With A Cadac Bbq?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying a Cadac safari Chef 2 LP and wondered if you can help please. It isnt clear on the website what attachments I might need, especially as my Coachman has an external bbq point. Do I just need the hose, or other attachments also?

Thanks

Simon

Mine came with an adapter to fit in a hose, which you have to buy separately. You'll also need to get a fitting for the caravan outlet unless one came with it. Dont forget the two jubilee clips as well. Mine all came from Go Outdoors.

Make sure the hose is long enough to keep the Cadac clear of the awning but not so long that it's a tripping hazard. It's also a good idea to check the date on the hose to make sure that i's not too old

• Like 2

The only other thing you need is some cold beers or a bottle of wine.

• Like 4

Best tip I can give you is to buy a Teflon sheet from Tesco ( or elsewhere ). Cut it to fit flat on the cadac grill plate & you can cook just about anything fat free, non stick & with the minimum of washing up :). We have also gone for the two hose option - one that connects direct to the caravan gas point & a separate one that has a regulator to fit directly onto a 4. 5kg propane bottle, so we can BBQ away from the van if we want to.

• Like 3

Best tip I can give you is to buy a Teflon sheet from Tesco ( or elsewhere ). Cut it to fit flat on the cadac grill plate & you can cook just about anything fat free, non stick & with the minimum of washing up :). We have also gone for the two hose option - one that connects direct to the caravan gas point & a separate one that has a regulator to fit directly onto a 4. 5kg propane bottle, so we can BBQ away from the van if we want to.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Thanks for the advice.

Will I need anything to attach it to my caravan bbq gas point, or will the hose go straight on secured with a jubilee clip?

I got mine this week and got a male and female Quick-release like on the caravan, as well as a Patio gas regulator, this way I have a . long hose to connect to van and a short length that plugs into this with my patio gas regulator on it. Only one hose with two different ends in effect. Yes and 3 jubilee clips.

• Like 1

Just ordered the Cadac Safari 2 LP, with 3m of hose, and this connector to fit the caravan. I think (hope) its the right one! See link below:

https://gasproducts. co. uk/caravan-marine/hose-nozzles-hose-and-clips/8mm-quick-release-gas-hose-nozzle. html

I think the legal limit for hose length is 2m. Lot's have longer gas pipe but 2m is what they sell it with if my memory serves me right. The teflon sheet idea is good, I'll give that a go.

Have a six year old carrichef Cadac,the one before the carri chf2, I was thinking about getting a Cadac paella pan but am confused about size needed, is it the 36cm or 47cm?

I'm thinking of getting one, they seem very popular with Dutch campers and my local (just over the border) Dutch dealer has them on at €99 which is about £85, how much are they in UK and are they any good? I have a Weber Baby Q gas grill, what does the Cadaq do that this doesn't?

https://www. vrijbuiter. nl/cadac-safari-chef-2-lp_ceba0002/

I already have a 5m gas hose which I bought in Holland, I don't think the Germans sell them over 1. 5m

I think the legal limit for hose length is 2m.

It may be a recommended max and some stealers / shops insist that is the max length they are permitted to sell but it's just like the 85% noseweight limit.

Trip hazard is the biggest issue of a longer pipe (easily solved with a few tent pegs or some matting).

NB the 'five year life' of gas hose is from the first use with lpg gas date; NOT the date printed on it.

A fire extinguisher.

geoff

• Like 1

I think the legal limit for hose length is 2m. Lot's have longer gas pipe but 2m is what they sell it with if my memory serves me right. The teflon sheet idea is good, I'll give that a go.

There is no legal limit on low pressure hose just the longer length can be a greater the trip hazard .

I use 10m as it gives me the option of moving the BBQ anywhere out of the wind if needed and run it under the caravan out of the way .

Dave

Will I need anything to attach it to my caravan bbq gas point, or will the hose go straight on secured with a jubilee clip?

The gas hose will require a connector similar to the images below to connect a flexible hose to your caravan BBQ point but there should have been one supplied with the caravan. If in doubt, please take a photo of your BBQ point and then check with your local dealer.

Gordon.

BBQ connector 1.jpg BBQ connector 2.jpg

I was told at Swindon caravans where I bought my Cadac that the length of hose was limited to 2m. They said this was a legal requirement when I asked for 5m. I can't see what's in it for them to mislead me. Can you? As regards a tripping hazard, why are we sold 25m power cables for the hook up if 2m is regarded as safe?

I was told at Swindon caravans where I bought my Cadac that the length of hose was limited to 2m. They said this was a legal requirement when I asked for 5m. I can't see what's in it for them to mislead me. Can you? As regards a tripping hazard, why are we sold 25m power cables for the hook up if 2m is regarded as safe?

Roofers have hoses that reach Up to the roof for laying felt roofs . It is only a recommendation as it increases the trip hazard . I have a number of propane gas torches here that have 10 m hoses as it is restricted carrying a 19 kg gas cylinder around .

I have had mine for a few years on my Cadac with no problems but I just make sure it tucked under caravan and not a hazard .

Dave

eBay sell it by the meter .

Edited by CommanderDave

Having checked online it seems most of the advice comes from CT. it shows that high pressure systems are limited to 2m and low pressure systems are advised to be no more than 20' due to pressure drop. I think I'll go for about 20' to give me the most flexibility and acceptable pressure.

I'm thinking of getting one, they seem very popular with Dutch campers and my local (just over the border) Dutch dealer has them on at €99 which is about £85, how much are they in UK and are they any good? I have a Weber Baby Q gas grill, what does the Cadaq do that this doesn't?

https://www. vrijbuiter. nl/cadac-safari-chef-2-lp_ceba0002/

I already have a 5m gas hose which I bought in Holland, I don't think the Germans sell them over 1. 5m

I can't see your picture but the table top ones are about £85 and the stand up ones about £100 more. We have watched our Dutch neighbour on site cook his meal every night for the past fortnight on one and I was talking to him about it yesterday and he swears by it. He mentioned that he paid E200 for his.