Balloch To Fort William

Hi we will be going from Loman Woods caravan park to Glen Nevis caravan park which route would be best

Thanks

Rob

The obvious route is to take the A82 all the way from Balloch to Fort William. The road isn't great as it goes up the west side of Loch Lomond but if you take care you should be OK. Not sure when you are planning to travel, but you should be aware that there have been roadworks on the A82 as well, so check before you travel.

You can avoid the section of the A82 alongside Loch Lomond by heading East towards Callander then Lochearnhead and rejoin the A82 at Crianlarich. Little bit of a detour but a pleasant drive and you will still easily get the Fort William.

6 & 2 3's. road via Callander is not great, rough in places and one dithering driver can cause long tailbacks.

Thanks we're going 2cnd week in June

Another longer but attractive route is to go via Inveraray (via Rest and be Thankful), Loch Awe and Tyndrum. Good route for towing.

Edited by MalH

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Another longer but attractive route is to go via Inveraray (via Rest and be Thankful), Loch Awe and Tyndrum. Good route for towing.

That would be my choice of route. The scenery is fantastic, so much in fact you may be late arriving at Fort William.

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

My choice as well but could be the difference of two to three hours. Glen Nevis though would not be my first choice. Simply too big for us but a well kept clean site the last time I was there. ...

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "