Huawei 5573 On Offer

Morning all,

We're currently away in the Lakes and have found that the signal on the site is pretty poor, as is their wifi, so whilst we were out I decided to pop into PC world and invest in a Mi-Fi.

I got a pleasant surprise when the 5573 unit (the one that can take an external aerial) was reduced from £39. 99 to £9. 99. (This is on 3)

And it works great! Much better signal than my iPhone on EE.

I got mine free with a new contract 20 GB a month for £16 from 3 .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Have to look into this one. ..my 3 contract is years old and only 1Gb a month,really need 2 plus March/October. ..

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I've had one for some time and used it whilst abroad. I have a feeling the speed is choked when abroad as the speeds were dismal to say the least. I notice there is a 3 sim only deal available which gives unlimited data and 30gb for tethering per month. It also gives 600 minutes and unlimited texts all for £17/month. I think it's £27 and you claim back £10/month at months 4,6,8,10 and 12. I use quite a bit of data when abroad speaking to the kids on Facetime etc so unlimited is good for that usage. 30gb tethering allows for Ipads and laptops too. They just need to sort the speeds out to make it really good. I'd heard that roaming charges were to be abolished this june too which may bring some much needed competition to bear.

Edit: I should add that the price paid by the OP was excellent as I paid about £70 a year or so ago.

Edited by Vanmaster Man

I've had one for some time and used it whilst abroad. I have a feeling the speed is choked when abroad as the speeds were dismal to say the least. I notice there is a 3 sim only deal available which gives unlimited data and 30gb for tethering per month. It also gives 600 minutes and unlimited texts all for £17/month. I think it's £27 and you claim back £10/month at months 4,6,8,10 and 12. I use quite a bit of data when abroad speaking to the kids on Facetime etc so unlimited is good for that usage. 30gb tethering allows for Ipads and laptops too. They just need to sort the speeds out to make it really good. I'd heard that roaming charges were to be abolished this june too which may bring some much needed competition to bear.

Edit: I should add that the price paid by the OP was excellent as I paid about £70 a year or so ago.

I think 3 has a condition and terms on tething abroad .

http://www. three. co. uk/feel-at-home

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I got mine free with a new contract 20 GB a month for £16 from 3 .

Dave

+1

The deal I saw was £17/month for unlimited data and texts as well as 600 mins of talk time. From the unlimited data you could use up to 30gb of data for tethering wherever you were. There was no difference if you were abroad as long as you had the advanced plan which is what was available here:-

http://www. moneysupermarket. com/mobile-phones/deal/?id=140890681921

The price now is £19/month.

I wouldn't need talk time as I only use £10/15 a year tops. ..on Payg

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I was going to use the sim in my phone when the contract runs out this August. Allows me to use it tethered for 30gb/month but also gives unlimited data for facetime etc.

I'll make you all sick.

A couple of years ago they were selling the 5573 at Expensive World, Livingston for £17. 47 on BOGOF, so I got two. They were notionally on EE and came with an EE SIM, but were unlocked. I have one and my S-in-L has the other and they work a treat.

Just to dig up some info from the past, anyone buying a mi-fi unit that has external aerial capability should beware the external aerial that they buy. In the UK most 3G is on the 2110MHz band and (AFAIK) none of the external aerials available cover this band. 800/900/1800/1900/2600 yes but not 2110. Using such an aerial if the unit selects 3G could end up with a fried transmitter in the mi-fi due to the mismatch, depending on the cable length/size/signal loss.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville