Truma Ultraflow Uptake Pipe

Simon 62

I have a Truma Ultraflow system. Often the uptake pipe will not sit nicely on the bottom of the water butt and hence it will run dry when there is still quite a lot of water in the butt. I think this is because the pipe has a tendency to curl back up on itself when it is pushed into the butt. Anyone have this problem or know of a way around it?

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Yes, get a legth of 40mm drain pipe a bit longer than your aquaroll is deep and poke the pump down it into the tank. The drain pipe will stop the pump from floating or the pipe from curling. Make sure the pipe is long enough not to fall inside the aquaroll as it can take a bit of fishing to get it out again.

I've actually made a collar that holds my bit of drain pipe in the aquaroll and I also use it to fill the aquaroll at the tap. Works a treat

It's a bit like the thing that doosan has shown. It's probably easier to buy it than faff about trying to make one but I like playing

Edited by matelodave

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

The pipe should be stored straight, never coiled up in the sink. Mine travels hanging in the shower.

My solution is to mark the input tube when the pump touches the bottom of the water container.

Section of Truma pump assembly

With an empty water container place the pump until it just touches the bottom of the container. Move container until the connector can be plugged into the side of the caravan with the pump still touching the bottom of the container.

7DSCF2200

With a permanent marker mark the input tube as shown above.

Full containers can be placed in roughly the same position. The is pump dropped into the container, making minor adjustments to the container's position if needed, until the connector is connected to the caravan.

This has been edited to amend the suggested procedure.

Edited by DeeTee

Seftonbarn,

Just get a length of plastic pipe, slit it down its's lenghth with a saw or stanley knife, and slip it over the pipe to keep it straight . .. worked well for me for the last 15 years.

John