Massive Respect

JCloughie

We are on site in near Brecon. I had already admired the Adria close by with a perfectly fitted full Isabella awning. Well they packed up today in readiness for moving on tomorrow. At first we noticed that she did all the work, he looked a bit frail so we thought that he is a bit like I am, very limited to the amount of exertion without resting. So I am very much stop start and small jobs take an age.

Clearly he was doing his best and trying to help her as much as he could. It took a while to notice that he is actually blind. Needing to drop the centre pole she verbally directed him left and right till he had it, then he could drop it.

So respect to him for doing all he could. And respect to her for taking so much on, they are both in their 70's.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Indeed John

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

We were on site a couple of weeks ago and noticed a lady (probably in her 70's) putting up a full Isabella awning on a twin axle on her own. Her husband was clearly disabled as there was a walking frame & mobile scooter close by - he was in the caravan. Now the dilemma - do we go and help, or will we make the husband feel inadequate? We decided to see how things progressed. She was obviously used to the task and was very methodical in her approach, taking her time and checking everything. Rightly, or wrongly in some people's eyes, we decided to let her carry on, as we could see that she was chatting with her Husband all the while and seemed very much in control of the task. The result was a perfectly tensioned awning that would grace the Isabella catalogue. My heart swelled with pride at the finished result - perfect!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Just goes to show, we should never judge people and remain grateful for the abilities we have.

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

I am amazed at how active some of the older people we meet when caravanning, i just hope i can do the same when I get to retirement as I've been camping & carvanning all my life and cannot see me wanting to do anything else. Whenever I see someone struggling I always offer to help, they are either grateful or decline nicely but they never get offended.

Volvo XC90 D5 AWD, Lunar Ultima 615,Towing at 62%

You have a second chance at life it's called tomorrow!