Petrol Price Website

micktheshed

I note with some disgust (but no actual surprise LOL) that the formally free service is now chargeable. This, of course would be nothing to do with their takeover recently, or would it?

Call me cynical if you must. .........it's probably true!

I note with some disgust (but no actual surprise LOL) that the formally free service is now chargeable. This, of course would be nothing to do with their takeover recently, or would it?

Call me cynical if you must. . . . . . . . . .it's probably true!

I still get it free, but is it going to charge in the future?

Edited by gmc15

Same here, . ......free

Mine also free and they send me offers

Edited by RYCKO

I use a petrol/diesel price info. web site and it is free up to now at least, what website you reffering to?

I use https://www. petrolprices. com/

Seems still free for me. I also used their services last year for getting a good deal for my home energy. You lodge your interest, and near the end of May they hold an auction where the energy companies bid to win the supply contract for the members. Last year it was Eon, wonder who we will get this year?

Not strictly on topic, but this site is useful for fuel prices in France.

https://www. prix-carburants. gouv. fr

John. :)

Interesting variations at moment,Saturday paid 112 for diesel in rural Lincs,up to 125 today In The Lakes. ..

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Call me cynical if you must. . . .. . .. . .it's probably true!

The free service is still available - but has fewer searches available now.

Websites cost money to run - if they're free to use the money has to come form somewhere else like adverts but their value is decreasing with the advent of adblockers.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken a while to get back, I've been on holiday 'enjoying' the British weather LOL.

The site I refer to is indeed petrolprices. com. The change has 'coincided' with a change of ownership.

For 'free' I am now very limited as to how many times it can be used per month & restricted to 10 miles, this also means I am plagued with adverts: but they pay for the site so I just ignore them. The original service is not available unless I pay £2 per month for the standard service, or £15 for the best one with no adverts & several 'goodies' inc. which are of no interest to me.

Was it too good to last?

If it were not for my Adblocker some sites I go to would be unusable I'm afraid as some are over run with adverts.

Went to the Global Internet Speed Tester today on a computer without an Adblocker and just could not get it to work, in fact in trying I had added two spam programs to the program list in control panel.

The first reason I added Adblocker was for my local newspaper website they are obsessed with adverts everywhere, and somehow they are personalised to my web visits too.

I think they have brought this on their selves.