Anyone Received English Main Tv Chanels In Interlaken Switzerland?

Hi

Further to my earlier questions on this subject and thanks to all who advised, Has anyone in the last year or so received English main tv in Interlaken and if you did what equipment were you using?

In the past I have had success with a 65cm dish but I am now told to guarantee success i will need a larger dish possible in excess of a metre diameter. As I do not really want to go to this size mainly for storage during travelling but also as it cannot even at that size be certain to work I wondered what other people have done to receive the English channels.

Thanks

dbn

Are you talking about Sky or Freesat or Freeview? I am a Sky customer and you will know the problems result from the narrowing of the beam from the Sky satellite - presumably to stop Europeans getting Sky channels. I believe there is a difference between our non-Sky terrestrial channels - BBC1&2, ITV & C4 - and true Sky channels.

I know in Southern Spain it is very difficult to get Sky - you need a 1. 9 m dish and it has to be set up by an expert in order to get an accurate alignment. Not for people like you and me. Even then some channels pixilate and disappear at certain times of the day.

Interlaken is further north of S. Spain so I am not sure of how much success you will get.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Are you talking about Sky or Freesat or Freeview? I am a Sky customer and you will know the problems result from the narrowing of the beam from the Sky satellite - presumably to stop Europeans getting Sky channels. I believe there is a difference between our non-Sky terrestrial channels - BBC1&2, ITV & C4 - and true Sky channels.

I know in Southern Spain it is very difficult to get Sky - you need a 1. 9 m dish and it has to be set up by an expert in order to get an accurate alignment. Not for people like you and me. Even then some channels pixilate and disappear at certain times of the day.

Interlaken is further north of S. Spain so I am not sure of how much success you will get.

In addition, the skew on the LNB will need to be adjusted the further East you go.

English tv ?

Sorry programmes such as BBC, ITV CH4

Hi

Only really wanting BBC, ITV and Channel 4. Not a Sky or subsciption Tv customer.

I think you will find BBC means British not English

There are no problems getting the majority of Sky pay channels in Spain.

But non Sky, non pay channels from BBC ITV C4 and Five are on a much weaker beam, and some areas of Spain, the size of dish required to receive these is very large (1. 8 to 2. 4 in Almeria, 2. 4 to 4m in Malaga for example). The signals are there, just that people dont want these very large dishes, and so say "they have no signal", which is simply not accurate.

In Catalonia, to get a decent signal you will need a dish of at least 0. 8 Metre, I no longer take a tv as we have no room to store it, also we only need BBC Radio for the news and we can get that on our Ipad, sorry this post is off topic (Interlaken)

Les

In Catalonia, to get a decent signal you will need a dish of at least 0. 8 Metre, I no longer take a tv as we have no room to store it, also we only need BBC Radio for the news and we can get that on our Ipad, sorry this post is off topic (Interlaken)

We had a Sky signal in Valencia and Catalonia however the BBC, ITV, Ch 4 &5 were not available.

Most Sky subscription channels can be received all over Spain and Southern Portugal with an 85cm dish .

We have an automatic 85cm with autoskew and travelled all over Spain and the Algarve last year, never failed to get SKY TV anywhere .

Sports, Movies, Sky news, SKY 1, SKY 2, Gold, Living, Sky Atlantic plus most documentary channels available and others .

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2020 Kia Sportage GT line S

We had a Sky signal in Valencia and Catalonia however the BBC, ITV, Ch 4 &5 were not available.

We had a signal for S4C, no use to us as we do not speak Welsh

Les

I think you will find BBC means British not English

OK sorry point taken

I get most BBC ITV C4 and Five channels perfectly fine (albeit right on the edge of reception with 6db!), on my 80x85cm dish here in Gandia (70kms south of valencia). But venture north and south then the dish becomes too small for these channels. But like I said most Sky pay channels are fine.

Most Sky subscription channels can be received all over Spain and Southern Portugal with an 85cm dish .

We have an automatic 85cm with autoskew and travelled all over Spain and the Algarve last year, never failed to get SKY TV anywhere .

Sports, Movies, Sky news, SKY 1, SKY 2, Gold, Living, Sky Atlantic plus most documentary channels available and others .

FYI : GOLD, and the other UKTV Group of channels, like Dave WAtch Yesterday are on the UK beam, and their frequency is much weaker then the BBC and ITV frequencies. ..

Just to clarify. We have a Satfi RV dome on the caravan as when we had it installed never thought we would be visiting Spain. :D

Hasn't this thread wandered about 500 miles off topic?

Unless of course, Spain is now part of Switzerland!

Vin Blanc

It is sometimes better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to speak out and have it proven!

Frontera 3. 2L V6 4x4 tugging Compass Magnum Classic 540 (quite easily!)

Tripod mounted 57cm "Arcon Multi" prime focus dish - Humax Foxsat HD Recorder.

Only really wanting BBC, ITV and Channel 4. Not a Sky or subsciption Tv customer.

Internet or wifi and a VPN for the "I-player" versions?

I get most BBC ITV C4 and Five channels perfectly fine (albeit right on the edge of reception with 6db!), on my 80x85cm dish here in Gandia (70kms south of valencia). But venture north and south then the dish becomes too small for these channels. But like I said most Sky pay channels are fine.

FYI : GOLD, and the other UKTV Group of channels, like Dave WAtch Yesterday are on the UK beam, and their frequency is much weaker then the BBC and ITV frequencies. . .

As I remember we couldn't get Gold, Watch, Yesterday , Watch but we could get the +1 of the aforementioned channels

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2020 Kia Sportage GT line S

Mmm worth considering, thanks

On most sites the wifi is diabolical so not worth the effort.