Vango Air Beam Tubes

donb

Last time out my Braemar 150 airspeed tube went bang, erected properly to the specified pressure,purchased the awning second had so may have been abused previously. Been chasing round since trying to find a replacement as not many dealers have the 410x10 in stock or they say the do but I am still chasing one for delivery after 10 days. Good job we have an Isabella Magnum that we use for longer stays.

2016 Lunar Quasar 554, tugged by Honda CR-V.

have you tried repairing the bladder with a puncture repair kit (assuming the hole is not that big)?

To all the insomniacs, look on the bright side there are only three sleeps until Christmas

I did try but it had split right across where it folds over at the top end, couldn't get a decent seal.

Just to pass on my experience of Kampa air bladders, which may, or may not, be relevant and of interest to you.

I bought a used Kampa inflatable awning and the inflation pipes had split. Kampa admitted the first ones were faulty and replaced them all FOC which I thought was excellent service.

However, I later found out that the top ends of the bladders have to be fed underneath a strap inside the fabric sock to hold them at the end of the sock. One of the bladders later slipped down and burst because it wasn't being constrained properly inside the fabric sock.

I tried various things to repair the split, but because the bladder is a "plasticy" sort of "rubber" which is very slippery to the touch, I could find nothing that would stick. The bladders are heat sealed at the ends and where the inflation pipes enter. If I had had access to heat sealing equipment I may have been able to seal it below where the bladder had burst, because there was sufficient length of bladder below the split.

I had to bite the bullet and buy another bladder, which arrived the day after I bought it direct from Kampa. If I recall correctly, it cost c £42.

No problems since then.

Edited by daveat92

Just to pass on my experience of Kampa air bladders, which may, or may not, be relevant and of interest to you.

I bought a used Kampa inflatable awning and the inflation pipes had split. Kampa admitted the first ones were faulty and replaced them all FOC which I thought was excellent service.

However, I later found out that the top ends of the bladders have to be fed underneath a strap inside the fabric sock to hold them at the end of the sock. One of the bladders later slipped down and burst because it wasn't being constrained properly inside the fabric sock.

I tried various things to repair the split, but because the bladder is a "plasticy" sort of "rubber" which is very slippery to the touch, I could find nothing that would stick. The bladders are heat sealed at the ends and where the inflation pipes enter. If I had had access to heat sealing equipment I may have been able to seal it below where the bladder had burst, because there was sufficient length of bladder below the split.

I had to bite the bullet and buy another bladder, which arrived the day after I bought it direct from Kampa. If I recall correctly, it cost c £42.

No problems since then.

Kamp sell a repair kit for the bladders. We bought one last summer just in case we might need it. It was either £4. 49 or £4. 99. Two rectangular pads and a little tube of glue.

• 2 weeks later...

Kamp sell a repair kit for the bladders. We bought one last summer just in case we might need it. It was either £4. 49 or £4. 99. Two rectangular pads and a little tube of glue.

Thanks, I didn't know that, but in my case it was a big rip, not just a small hole, so wouldn't have done the job anyway.

I'll check out the repair kit.

Has anyone actually successfully used one of these repair patches on the very slippery feeling air bladders Kampa use?

Edited by daveat92

Replacement Vango tube arrived today after going straight to Vango for £25 after I made the other shop

refund me.

Will be selling the Vango 150 now as gone for a larger 260 one. post-59806-0-05317100-1496657922_thumb.jpg