With Mates Like This …

Johnaldo

One of my kids showed me a posting on our local Facebook page today, which went something like this …

• Dave: My caravan has been stolen, if anyone knows anything about it please get in touch.
  • Mary: Oh no, how awful !
  • Steve: What a bummer !
  • Clare: Hope you get it back soon.
  • Pete: When exactly did it go Dave ?
  • Dave: Around Christmas time I think.
  • Pete: Christmas ? How come you’re just posting this now ?
  • Dave: Well I keep it on my mate’s front drive, and he thought I’d collected it to go away at New Year, and he’s only just mentioned it to me.

You just couldn’t make it up, could you ?

John

Looks like one less on the mates list then.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

I go to my storage and collect my caravan and return it and it can also sit on my drive for some of the summer but my storage owners don't enquire if I have taken it out .

We don't know the full facts ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I go to my storage and collect my caravan and return it and it can also sit on my drive for some of the summer but my storage owners don't enquire if I have taken it out .

We don't know the full facts ?

Dave

When i had my van at a storage yard they would keep track of when it went out & when it came or was due back. They even phoned us once when we'd stayed an extra 4 days on a site to check we were ok as we were overdue. You needed a password to sign

Your van out. Never had any or heard of any problems in all the years we stored there.

Edited by Woodie106

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Our storage site has a board by the exit gate, you have to hang your storage disc on it.

the site owner checks the board twice a day and then walks the site to confirm which van is out or back, if the numbers don't tally he calls the local police immediately.