Well I Did Predict The Cc's Forum Would Die A Death

Well I did predict the CC's forum would die a death and having had a shufty just now it seems it has!

Over moderation and long term forum members killing every topic and putting off everyone perhaps!

Couple of years ago it was buzzing, you couldn't keep up, plenty of humour too. Not now, one long term member still there being their usual miserable self!

Will the CC shut it down?

Edited by Guest

Will the CC shut it down?

Or better still contact the owners of Caravan Talk and get the job done correctly :)

Rallier.

6+3=9, but so does 5+4, so respect other people's thinking.

Never even knew they had a forum!

It is called "Clubbed Together"-or should be. ;):rolleyes:

Yes, it has lost it's way. I was a regular poster, but the constant moaning does make it tedious. Same old whines, children should definitely not be seen and not heard, so you would think adult only sites would be a joy, but they are a definite no no and don't mention dogs, all out war breaks out, Not forgetting, arrival and departure times, pitch etiquette, and the list just goes on. And as for the name change, ye gods, sacrilege.

Lol, forums should be places to pick up inspiration or help. It does tend to get stuck in a spiral of argument over things that we disagree on. Best to not get upset but see there are other views out there that have a valid point from someone else's perspective.

Lol, forums should be places to pick up inspiration or help. It does tend to get stuck in a spiral of argument over things that we disagree on. Best to not get upset but see there are other views out there that have a valid point from someone else's perspective.

Correct Vanmonstar . A simple "lets agree to disagree" on some of the more heated debates is a simple solution but some cannie even do that. .. Not to worry . .... :rolleyes:

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

I do wonder if this forum could be heading in the same direction as the CC one! With the social club not appearing in the 'view new content' button' and any comment about that being hastily removed or locked down by finger twitchy moderators!

And yes I do moderate on other forums, where we prefer thins to just flow, rather than making work for ourselves!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

I do wonder if this forum could be heading in the same direction as the CC one! With the social club not appearing in the 'view new content' button' and any comment about that being hastily removed or locked down by finger twitchy moderators!

And yes I do moderate on other forums, where we prefer thins to just flow, rather than making work for ourselves!

Yes, you are never one to miss an opportunity to have a dig at the way this forum is moderated.

I joined CaravanTalk in 2005 and have watched it grow over the years despite the way it is moderated, if it's that bad I do wonder why so many members stick with us.

You say you moderate other forums, is the Caravan Club forum one of them by any chance?

Yes, you are never one to miss an opportunity to have a dig at the way this forum is moderated.

I joined CaravanTalk in 2005 and have watched it grow over the years despite the way it is moderated, if it's that bad I do wonder why so many members stick with us.

You say you moderate other forums, is the Caravan Club forum one of them by any chance?

Thank you for replying.

I do not moderate on the Caravan Club forum. I have very little time for it, visiting about twice a month!

I moderate on Land Rover and model making forums.

Paul

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Oh dear. .. now now girls play nicely

Absolutely no chance PR !! No chance of that happening and I don't see an issue with the Social Club Section being moved. You can still find it and as previously stated it is a Caravan Forum not a Social Club Forum.

Now, if the CT Mods had left Members to their own unregulated "Troll" like not debates but arguments CT would have taken a nose dive beyond recover due to the "Good Guys" simply leaving. The clamp down on Political Threads for one has been a great success getting rid of some of the more aggressive Keyboard Cowards as far as I'm concerned and long may it continue. .. ;)

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

I have found there to be very little moderation here. When it was needed to fend off some "Troll's" from another forum who were using fake accounts to attack members here, they were straight to the point and after good warning kicked them out. They've locked down threads which had become just an argument. All seems good practice to me. If we could all get on and be polite to each other, they wouldn't be needed at all. We can't do that though, can we. :rolleyes:

I got to the stage long ago where I only look at the foreign touring section and occasionally the Cl section in the CC forum. This morning it won't even let me look at those.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

With all the IT problems that seem to beset that club I am surprised the forum is still running.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

The Cmc forum is an example of a forum gone bad. Like many of their members I voted with my feet and have never looked at their forum for over six months. All that nastiness and rude insults puts off both new and existing members. The Cmc have lost control of their forum and for the reputation of their organisation, closing their forum is their only way forward.

I don't have an opinion on the cmc forums from a content point of view simply because I don't like the method of navigation and rather than persevere I just log on to here.

I think that this forum is generally very well administered/moderated, I thank the unpaid workers for that. However, I wish it was a bit more democratic. E. G. just try a poll on where the social club should reside. Member responces on that subject seem overwhelmingly clear to me.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

On the CC forum if you made a post about dogs it all got lumped under one thread that was already 3 or 4 years old The same seemed to apply to new posts where something similar, but not the same was mentioned. The mods fell over themselves to move it to an old thread. Then of course there are a few people who dominated the forum as if it were there own forum. Gave up on the CC forum quite a while ago and don't bother with it.

I was the same with Swift talk. Became no point to it as there were a few "trolls" who just spoilt it for the masses. Shame because it had an awful lot to commend it. I use Disco3 a fair bit as they have so much knowledge of the marque. Anything I want to add and they've done it and sorted it so you don't go through the same learning curve. They help you to understand the car and walk you through any job you do. I've fitted a fridge to the centre console bin, remote controlled heating and a heated steering wheel. All by myself too.

With the social club not appearing in the 'view new content' button' and any comment about that being hastily removed or locked down by finger twitchy moderators!

!

Well, I never realised that they had done that, dont think I,ll be a supporter for much longer.

Well, I never realised that they had done that, dont think I,ll be a supporter for much longer.

That of course must be your choice. For my part while I have not supported the forum financially, so don not wear the supporters' badge, I do support fully without hesitation what the owner's are doing for the caravanning community by providing a platform for discussion and exchange of information relating to our common hobby and I say, "Well done" for that.

If you have only just noticed the VNC change then would venture to suggest that maybe you didn't take much of an interest in the Social Club anyway?

Rallier

6+3=9, but so does 5+4, so respect other people's thinking.

That of course must be your choice. For my part while I have not supported the forum financially, so don not wear the supporters' badge, I do support fully without hesitation what the owner's are doing for the caravanning community by providing a platform for discussion and exchange of information relating to our common hobby and I say, "Well done" for that.

If you have only just noticed the VNC change then would venture to suggest that maybe you didn't take much of an interest in the Social Club anyway?

Rallier

Not really relevant in my decision, I appreciate that some think that taking it out of VNC is a good thing, but some, like me, just think its petty and rather ridiculous. Theres loads of topics in various areas that I dont pay much if any attention to but I dont mind seeing them when i hit VNC. If the decision to exclude is business based, in order to keep advertisers happy by keeping the forum as caravanny as possible, then fair enough, but it seems its not.

Not really relevant in my decision, I appreciate that some think that taking it out of VNC is a good thing, but some, like me, just think its petty and rather ridiculous. Theres loads of topics in various areas that I dont pay much if any attention to but I dont mind seeing them when i hit VNC. If the decision to exclude is business based, in order to keep advertisers happy by keeping the forum as caravanny as possible, then fair enough, but it seems its not.

Nice one Alexbee!

Paul

This has been explained previously but for those that missed it the reason for removing the Social Club out of VNC was for several reasons.

1) This is a caravan related forum provided for caravanners to seek and share information on caravan related topics

2) It therefore follows that the majority of members when using VNC are looking for caravan related topic

3) When the Social Club was included in VNC, the majority of the topics were either new topics or replies to topics posted in the Social Club, to the detriment to topics or replies to topics in the rest of the forum.

You might try to argue that if the majority of the VNC content was from the Social Club then it was important for it to be seen, but that is not what Caravan Talk is about.

Yes there is a social aspect to the forum, and we needed somewhere for non-caravan related topics to be discussed to keep them out of the main forum, had there not been the Social Club everything would have ended up in Caravan Chat, where unfortunately some members start every topic.

We do not answer to any advertisers as Caravan Talk is totally independent, and the decision to keep it "caravanny" is solely the decision of the owners of Caravan Talk.

That is the decision at the moment however "Petty and ridiculous" you think it is.