Sign in to follow this  
tony1952

C L's And Service Pitches

I wonder how many CL sites with either clubs, have the following.

16amp electric, electric post with light, same post with a mains water supply, grey waste outlet, both grass and hard standing, toilet block. We found one in Gloucestershire, Passage Farm, that has all of these. I would suggest that this is possibly one of a kind, but I am willing and happy to be proved wrong.

Have you put a review on CT? It might help members.

Also how much per night? £17. 50 per night.

Website here

http://www. passagefarm. co. uk/about/

There is already one on CT. Could not see how to post a second one. The nightly rate is £17. 50 per night, £115. 00 per week. There is also on site fishing at £5. 00 per day per rod. There is a Michelin star fish restaurant a five minute walk away. Plus there is a local pub, Red Lion, about a15 min walk, serving local pub food. We have not tried the fish restaurant, but have eaten at the Red Lion, very nice it was too. The site us a five minute walk to the river Servern. At which point, and when tides permit, you can view the Servern Bore. Please check out Bore times on the Severn Bore web site. The best tides are those rated 4 or 5 stars.

There is already one on CT. Could not see how to post a second one.

UK Campsite reviews - below blue bar near the top.

South West

Gloucestershire

ADD Campsite Review

Always will help if more than one review. Put all your info in What's Good as then this info automatically becomes a post within the forum section with a link to the actual review.

I have noticed a number of CL sites are changing to fully serviced hardstand because they can get a bigger return but it is the same price a a full site so the cheap CL pitches are disappearing .

Dave

• Like 1

I know of a CL that charges £5. 00 a night! Granted grey waste goes under the field hedges but there's a tap and a toilet emptying hole.

Obviously no electric for that price but it's never crowded either!

• Like 4

I know of a CL that charges £5. 00 a night! Granted grey waste goes under the field hedges but there's a tap and a toilet emptying hole.

I know a CL that charges £7/night including electrics - often full!

• Like 3

Cheapest one I've found around here is £13. 00 incl electric. Very pretty site too, you could be anywhere. Tower Fields near Hullbridge. Owned by Len Lindsay and ex stand up comedian. Just come back from a weekend there. It's about the same price as many here but charges no extra for awnings/dogs etc.

Cheapest one I've found around here is £13. 00 incl electric. Very pretty site too, you could be anywhere. Tower Fields near Hullbridge. Owned by Len Lindsay and ex stand up comedian. Just come back from a weekend there. It's about the same price as many here but charges no extra for awnings/dogs etc.

The site details on the Club's website indicate extras such as awnings and pets are charged.

He charges me £13 with or without an awning.

The site details on the Club's website indicate extras such as awnings and pets are charged.

It's reassuring to know that everything anyone posts on here is checked by someone else! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I once went to one like that- about 1965 it was.

• Like 1

I once went to one like that- about 1965 it was.

Seven and sixpence was top whack for a CL in those days and many CLs were five shillings, but the chemical toilet disposal was either tipped on the midden or by means of burying. :rolleyes:;) .

If you look on the CMC site in the CL section Alan Franklin has a list of CL's with serviced pitches. Our CL has 10 amp electrics, water, grey water drainage and TV point . All for £12 per night.

• Like 1

A CL with fully serviced pitches seems to be a bit of an oxymoron. I rather associated CLs at one end of the regimented v freeform continuum; but obviously times are changing.

Prices seem to be on the up; perhaps there is a link?

Don't know if this is anecdotal or fake news ? - but someone said to me the other day the clubs were advising CL owners to raise prices in order to make them closer to their own year-on-year rising charges; anyone else heard that? If so it doesn't seem to be in line with members interests.

It's reassuring to know that everything anyone posts on here is checked by someone else! :rolleyes:

Actually I think you'll find that only 87% of posts are double checked by other forum members.

Actually I think you'll find that only 87% of posts are double checked by other forum members.

And the other 13% are obviously wrong so no one bothers :lol:

Edited by Mogwyth
  • Like 1

88%!

And the other 13% are obviously wrong so no one bothers :lol:

12%!

• Like 1

I know of two CL's with water to each pitch . ... Fernlea at Errol near Perth and Smithy Croft at Fraserburgh.

At Fernlea we were asked to lead our waste pipe into the bushes/field behind the pitches . ... not quite to serviced pitch standard I guess.

At Smithy Croft you have to use your wastemaster but it has a loo on site and a light on each pitch. It is £10 per night.

I wonder how many CL sites with either clubs, have the following.

16amp electric, electric post with light, same post with a mains water supply, grey waste outlet, both grass and hard standing, toilet block. We found one in Gloucestershire, Passage Farm, that has all of these. I would suggest that this is possibly one of a kind, but I am willing and happy to be proved wrong.

We recently stayed at Dalston Leisure CL and it has all the above except all pitches are on hardstanding. All for £14 per night. It also has a swimming pool which you can exclusively hire by the hour at £14.

It is a few miles to the west of Carlisle.

Edited by Mow Cop Ken

We are off to Scotland for a six weeks jolly. We are trying to make Carlisle on day one, will give it a look/stay. Thanks for the information. I was hoping to get a good list together for the benefit of all.

88%!

12%!

I've checked and it's 89% and 11% :rolleyes:

I've checked and it's 89% and 11% :rolleyes:

That's pedantic!

I've checked and it's 89% and 11% :rolleyes:[/quote

That's pedantic!

Just checked in a dictionary and it's NOT pedantic. How very dare you say that! :angry:

I've checked and it's 89% and 11% :rolleyes:[/quote

That's pedantic!

Sources? :rolleyes: