Where To Hang Towels - Bailey

conquest

Where do others of you hang your towels?

We have a Bailey Brindisi with the rather narrow bathroom at the back end.

The shower is large and has a bi-fold door.

There are two hooks either side of the mirror opposite the basin, but if hung there restricts even more the narrow area between wall and basin.

The shower invites towels, but before I stick 3M hooks on the wall, I wonder what others have done!

Stuck 3M hooks on the wall .

White ones in the shower enclosure, satin silver ones outside,

Thumb.jpg.f255c7e57524ea1128623188ab0d66c5.jpg 2016 Caravan is SOLD.   With very happy new owner

Microfibre towels. Effective and light as a feather. Hang anywhere.

:excl::excl::excl:    Spanish Trip 2020 - :excl::excl::excl: - Time to bailout...

Subscribe to our Blog at the website below and read the diaries of many of our expeditions.

Caravan Ramblings blog

We have two or three of the sucker type hooks in the shower,the ones that form a suction by levering the hook down.

Easy to apply and easy to remove without leaving a mark or residue behind.

Ian

Not being familiar with the Brindisi, do what we used to do with our Pageant Majestic 5.

If you have overhead storage lockers at the front of the van, carry a piece of 25x25mm or 38x25mm PSE timber with the edges sanded off and of suitable length, open two opposite lockers, put the timber across them and leave your towels hanging whilst you go out. If it is a warm day (or you leave the heating on low if it is cold) and you will come back to fresh dry towels.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

Bailey put towel hangers in ours.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

We bought an electric towel rail from Coopers Mail Order. Very light, uses only 50W & we leave it on to dry towels & to keep chill of bathroom when having to use facilities at 3. 00am (it's an age thing!)!! Just stand it outside washroom whilst using shower then back in it goes.

Whilst in Provence or warmer climes we use airer outside of course.

Edited by Endeeo

We have suction hooks in the shower cubicle plus there is 2 hooks on the back of the bathroom door.

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

We have two or three of the sucker type hooks in the shower,the ones that form a suction by levering the hook down.

Easy to apply and easy to remove without leaving a mark or residue behind.

Ian

We have these, they are from Ikea! We have them at home as well as in the caravan. They do all types of accessories to go with them.

http://www. ikea. com/gb/en/products/small-storage-organisers/bathroom-accessories/stugvik-towel-rack-with-suction-cup-white-art-30297014/

http://www. ikea. com/gb/en/products/small-storage-organisers/bathroom-accessories/stugvik-hook-with-suction-cup-white-art-80240440/

but I see that there are these on fleebay.

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/like/232312421851?chn=ps&adgroupid=39910041817&rlsatarget=pla-298666296670&abcId=1088896&adtype=pla&merchantid=115158654&poi=&googleloc=9045378&device=c&campaignid=805055692&crdt=0

Hope this helps, it does for us!

Swift Elegance 480, towed by a Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian X series 6.

Suction hooks for us as well in shower, but I'm with PandR and now use the microfibres ones. Light and dry quickly so no hanging around with damp towels. It feels a little odd drying yourself first with these but they are brilliant. Got recommendation from here - of course!!!

This is what I bought, small bag comes with it to for storing.

https://www. amazon. co. uk/Microfibre-Towel-200x90cm-compact-absorbent/dp/B00W22FZAY/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1494710977&sr=1-1

Bergamo

Suction hooks for us as well in shower, but I'm with PandR and now use the microfibres ones. Light and dry quickly so no hanging around with damp towels. It feels a little odd drying yourself first with these but they are brilliant. Got recommendation from here - of course!!!

https://www. amazon. co. uk/Microfibre-Towel-200x90cm-compact-absorbent/dp/B00W22FZAY/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1494710977&sr=1-1

Bergamo

Followed your link, not paying those prices, when you can get MF towels 150cm x 85cm from Mountain Warehouse for £8. 99. Did you know that if you are CMC members you get a discount on top!

IKEA STUGVIK suction hooks for us as well - they look quite smart and really do stay in place

Edited by matelodave

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

IKEA STUGVIK suction hooks for us as well - they look quite smart and really do stay in place

I've got one of those loo roll holders, it's fixed under the bathroom cabinet. It's not moved for over 1000 miles

Shame it involves a trip to IKEA to get them though, I couldn't think of anything worse.

Followed your link, not paying those prices, when you can get MF towels 150cm x 85cm from Mountain Warehouse for £8. 99. Did you know that if you are CMC members you get a discount on top!

I have been using this product from Clas Ohlson for many a year.

Bergamo

Like the colours. I bought a MF towel on fleabay for 3 quid to try out. Then bought some Lifeventure ones which cost a fortune in comparison but there's also no comparison in quality.

:excl::excl::excl:    Spanish Trip 2020 - :excl::excl::excl: - Time to bailout...

Subscribe to our Blog at the website below and read the diaries of many of our expeditions.

Caravan Ramblings blog

Leave the towels until you go out for the day and peg them across the cupboard handles

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

In our old Bailey we hung the towels on the large handle of the roof vents. The caravan we have now has sliding vents so we had a rail put in the shower.

I am amazed that in just a few hours I have received so many replies, 18 to date!

Thank you all very much.

I hadn't thought of suction as a method, nor did I know about the microfibre towels.

You have certainely given me some ideas to follow up.

I found these on Amazon

https://www. amazon. co. uk/IKEA-STUGVIK-Hook-suction-white/dp/B00GMMA2FS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494746595&sr=8-1&keywords=Stugvik+hook

Ikea ones and look sturdy enough to not fall off.

As for microfibres towels, I have tried a Mountain Warehouse towel and Decathlon also do,them, but the quality and the larger size (I want to wrap a towel round my shoulders, my arms and around me fully when I first step out of a shower) as some are not really large (like a bath towel or a larger bath sheet); quality does matter for me I'm afraid. Each to our own!

What is good about these towels is that if you use them out of the summer months you don't have damp towels hanging around the van for the day after your shower.

Bergamo

Just been to Mountain Warehouse and purchased some MF towels 150cm x 85cm at £8. 99, used Caravan Club ID card to get 15% discount, only to be told after the sale had gone through, that NHS staff get 20% discount! Just my luck as the OH and I both work for the NHS.

Edited by David P

I've got one of those loo roll holders, it's fixed under the bathroom cabinet. It's not moved for over 1000 miles

Hmmm. . . How come its not moved yet done over 1000 miles. :ph34r:

On a more sane note, I checked with the dealer and it is OK to screw into the GRP sidewall. After all look in the cupboard where the TV aerial comes in and the wire is crudely screwed to the wall with "P" clips.

Ours now has a fixed towel rail which was carefully screwed to the wall, and I drilled slightly smaller holes first to avoid the GRP cracking in time to come.

Edited by thebriars

Mitsubishi ASX4

Interests, none worth mentioning. Just plain boring most of the time, and very boring the rest.

Hmmm. . . How come its not moved yet done over 1000 miles. :ph34r:

It's on the overhead cabinet. First time we used it I tried to remove for transport. No chance the suction is on par with limpets.

Why not put a rail across the bed between the wardrobes then you can use it for drying towels or any thing else. We have a U3 Cadiz and one of the first things I did was to put rails along either side above the beds. B&Q sell lengths of rail and the brackets to mount them.

Edited by Vanning Man