Buccaneer What Are You Paying For Insurance

rickyaswell

Just looking to insure a new commodore it's coming out at £447 via caravan and motorhome club I have over 4 years no claims that some their max but have been with them for many more years.

Have you tried Towergate or the CC? We paid about £350 through Towergate for our 2016 Cruiser.

The CC is the club where he got the quote from!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

The CC is the club where he got the quote from!

I forgot about the name change and rebranding and thought they referred to a different club. We found the CC to be inflexible in matching quotes for caravans. Take it or leave it attitude which is why we went with Towergate.

I paid £389. 00 that's with the CMC for my 2016 Cruiser

VW Touareg R Line Tech

2018 Buccaneer Commodore

£156. 00 with the AA

Is that £156 for new Buccaneer cruiser on a new for old policy? Seems very low?

CC For us too £450. but be careful as some dont insure over £30k. our with mover(some even forget that thats a extra,cos they get them free from shows etc) contents,new for old upto 5 years,awning. . total insured £38,500

Bikewhisperer,is that for your caravan or a buccaneers?

Edited by smino0_1

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

Is that £156 for new Buccaneer cruiser on a new for old policy? Seems very low?

Looks like a Senator Wyoming Durbanite if BW's blurb is up to date.

Unlikely to be new for old now though.

Edit. After a tip from one of the forum members I tried the company below.

They beat my Towergate quote by enough to move to them.

http://www. myinsurancequotes. co. uk/caravan-insurance/

Edited by Griff

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

£156. 00 with the AA

wow that fab for a Buccaneer !!

www. justgiving. com/fundraising/TamiTurner

You need to compare like for like we pay £397 and the CMC cover was far better than any other that we looked at ( that was for a total value of £38500)

£327 in February this year for a 2017 Cruiser with Towergate

Buccaneer Cruiser 2017 - Jeep Grand Cherokee

One day i hope to have enough money to live the life my wife lives.

You need to compare like for like we pay £397 and the CMC cover was far better than any other that we looked at ( that was for a total value of £38500)

Cant agree more with Bobsbabes, you have to compare like for like. with insurance.

In my opinion CMC made insurance decisions easy for me as they walk you through the options on the level of cover YOU require and also ways to reduce the premium for you.

We chose the old for new policy and opted for the majority of the security discounts available as we do these things naturally anyway ( as it's in our interest not to make life easy for the would be thief.)

We also chose to raise the volountry excess contribution, as we know if we ever make a claim it won't be for dents and cosmetic repairs. .

Our premium was approx £290 for 2017 Cruiser. Less than Bobshadedes above and from the same company but our cover will not be as good as Bobsbabes and in the event of making claims I would be contributing a lot more than Bobsbabes. it's all relative with insurance.

Wherever you get your insurance just try to ensure you are covered for the level you require, after all you potentially have a 32k asset to protect.

Cant agree more with Bobsbabes, you have to compare like for like. with insurance.

In my opinion CMC made insurance decisions easy for me as they walk you through the options on the level of cover YOU require and also ways to reduce the premium for you.

We chose the old for new policy and opted for the majority of the security discounts available as we do these things naturally anyway ( as it's in our interest not to make life easy for the would be thief.)

We also chose to raise the volountry excess contribution, as we know if we ever make a claim it won't be for dents and cosmetic repairs. .

Our premium was approx £290 for 2017 Cruiser. Less than Bobshadedes above and from the same company but our cover will not be as good as Bobsbabes and in the event of making claims I would be contributing a lot more than Bobsbabes. it's all relative with insurance.

Wherever you get your insurance just try to ensure you are covered for the level you require, after all you potentially have a 32k asset to protect.

We have the new for old cover for the caravan, satellite dome, air con, awning, contents and motor mover and it is a lot more than 32K.

We're members of CMC, but always insure with CCC, had a few couple of claims over the last 4 years, only went up by £8. 00.

And found them much cheaper in the first place, can't recommend them enough. .

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

We're members of CMC, but always insure with CCC, had a few couple of claims over the last 4 years, only went up by £8. 00.

And found them much cheaper in the first place, can't recommend them enough. .

CCC were more expensive than CMC for us