Sign in to follow this  
jayfour

Leisure Vehicle Problems

Late 2014 I purchased a new Hymer Eriba with 2 years warranty from a Cumbrian dealer . Lots of small problems all “fixed” with poor quality service and workmanship. Early 2016 a razor sharp chrome main door handle and corroded cupboard hinges required replacing under warranty. Five months of repeated requests eventually replaced the door handle, but they had forgotten to stock hinges,so a 320 mile round trip was a waste. Seven months of false promises and lies, before I received some hinges in the post. Asking Hymer Germany for help proved worthless, but they did confirm that their warranty only covered manufacturing faults and they agreed with the dealer that “ cosmetic” faults such as chromework relied on the dealer GOODWILL. What is included under the term Cosmetic I wonder. Take nothing for granted, get everything in writing. I have been a trusting fool. Having had my money, a warranty seemed to be an inconvenience, customer care and repeat business was furthest from their minds. Having previously been an Airstream company I wonder why Airstream USA did not include them in their future plans. The caravan has now been sold for a considerable loss as I have lost all faith in the dealer and the brand.

Edited by Gordon
"Name and shame" references removed

Unfortunately I too have had recent experience of very poor after sales / service indeed from I believe the same company in Tebay.

They supplied a brand new Eriba Troll 530  in July 2017.   10 months later, It now has a problem which needs attention and despite several reasonable and polite emails and phone calls to the Service Manager and the Sales Manager,  I have to say, that the response has been absolutely  non existent.   Not even the basic courtesy of an acknowledgement!

I was surprised and very disappointed that a company with their supposed credentials within the industry, should behave in this inexcusable way; do they REALLY think that if they ignore you, that you and the highlighted problem will simply go away??

Eventually I did get a verbal apology and a promise from a technician in the service department that he 'would look into it, contact his manager, and phone me back'  but that was 2 weeks ago now  and. ... nothing. ....... Nothing at all.

Because I want to use the caravan, I have had to now, and at my expense, arrange to get the problem resolved myself.

So  my advice is that if you are thinking of spending your hard earned money on an Eriba, or any caravan in fact,  before you do,  consider if you want to risk being treated like this,  if not, then go somewhere else.

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:13, Tour de Force said:

Amicable solution found so Problem now satisfactorily resolved.