Leak From Front Middle Window

springtime

I rarely drive in the rain whilst towing but we have just come back from the coast in medium to heavy rain this morning.

When I opened the caravan there were a few drops of water on the front table top under the window and as far as I can see it had come through from the top of the window.

I suspect the driving rain was seeping under the hinge bar so thats another job to resolve once it stops raining and the sun comes out :)

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

You mean if it comes out!

Good luck.

Hmmmm my signature has been removed :rolleyes: but nobody told me!

Don't knock the current rain - I can hear my garden slurping it up as I type :)

Land Rover is now back towing.

Screws will be loose on the hinge bar all will need to be tightened if you remove the stay screws then lift the window as high as you can you will see the water tracks appearing beneath the bar which indicates it's tracking through posted pics a while back on another lunar thread good luck

Screws will be loose on the hinge bar all will need to be tightened if you remove the stay screws then lift the window as high as you can you will see the water tracks appearing beneath the bar which indicates it's tracking through posted pics a while back on another lunar thread good luck

Thanks.

I dismantled both outer window hinge bars and remasticed them about a year ago so i'm not surprised the middle one is now playing up.

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

Thanks.

I dismantled both outer window hinge bars and remasticed them about a year ago so i'm not surprised the middle one is now playing up.

if you look back to my post on page 4 the pics are there mine appeared in the cupboards above the window I tightened the screws and ran a bead of clear sealant above the bar ok at the moment but it think it will be a ongoing problem of keeping screws tight Chri

We had similar problems with our previous van and it was a bowed middle window.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice hot day today so I checked the sealant over the top of the hinge bar on the middle window.

I discovered that it had failed and was starting to come away allowing rain to creep behind it when driving.

I cut the old sealant away with a Stanley knife removed the old silicone sealant with a sharp chisel and cleaned the area with solvent.

I then checked the tightness of the hinge bar screws and ran a new bead of Soudal Fix All over the top of the hinge bar finishing it off neatly by running my finger over the mastic bead.

Job done.

Those Polish built windows certainly cause problems!

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530