Alde 3010 (2010 Clubman)

Just done our first run and two Alde 3010 queries.

How do I set it to provide hot water, but switch off the central heating?

The Alde is running OK with gas but the control panel doesn't recognise (or operate) on 230V AC when connected. The AC input is OK ie everything else AC works and the Alde DC fuses are OK - can anyone give me a checklist to try to track down the fault.

Thanks

Peter

If you have Wi-Fi, have a look here.

https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=Jl8xNCs7xww

Welcome to the forum!

Swift Elegance 480, towed by a Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian X series 6.

Yes it is the 213 panel. Ok sorted the hot water/heating problem thanks. In the manual it shows AC input on the panel by a two pin plug symbol (top right), interestingly none of the youtube displays show it (?) should it have one with AC connected?

Just done our first run and two Alde 3010 queries.

How do I set it to provide hot water, but switch off the central heating?

The Alde is running OK with gas but the control panel doesn't recognise (or operate) on 230V AC when connected. The AC input is OK ie everything else AC works and the Alde DC fuses are OK - can anyone give me a checklist to try to track down the fault.

Thanks

Peter

Simply turn down the temperature for the heating so it shuts down. We turned ours down to 5C in the summer. BTW you can download the ALDE 3010 manual from their UK website.

Edited by Durbanite

In the manual it shows AC input on the panel by a two pin plug symbol (top right), interestingly none of the youtube displays show it (?) should it have one with AC connected?

That's right. Our tutorial videos use a demo control panel running off of an AC/DC adaptor, but if 230 V mains electric is connected, you should see a two-pin plug symbol in the upper right corner.

If you don't, you know that there is a break in supply to the Alde boiler, possibly a 16 A spade fuse in the consumer unit, a burnt out fused spur/isolator switch (especially if it's only rated 10 A), or a loose connection somewhere. Somewhat obvious; only a competent person should work on mains electric voltages.

Edited by Alde UK

Always welcome the manufacturers viewpoint (in this case Alde). Very reassuring that they look in on here from time to time and offer no nonsense and sensible advice. I have found them extremely helpful over the phone too. Its things like this that i feel sway our minds re maybe preferring our next caravan has the Alde heating system.

Please keep up your great work and high standards Alde, they are greatly appreciated (and all too rare sadly in this world of caravans /motorhomes).

Edited by VOLVOVANNER

Powrtouch AWD Movers. E & P Compact Levelling System.

As usual the KISS principle applied once I found the isolation switch :) - I wish Lunar would put this kind of thing in their manual (like the switch for the Lunar 'night light').