Review: Avante 550

Welcome to the forum! :welcome: I like your choice of van! :D

• 2 months later...

we have just bought 2017 Affinity 550, I would appreciate your latest thoughts, any problem that you hadn't found previously and any tips you could pass on. Thanks.

• 3 years later...

Thought it may help others if I add to this. We have owned our 2018 Avante 550 from new. It has proven to be fault free. There are things we are not keen on or would look for in our next caravan that may influence others.

The layout is suitable for the two of us and we can even fit a 32" TV on the narrow TV shelf. We would have preferred a double 3 pin socket near the TV as oppose to one. The shower works very well as a seperate ensuite.. The toilet room is a little small but fine. My only negatives are the front locker. Its a good size but the hinges dont enable the locker to open as high as I would like and if you have problems bending down this may be a challenge for you. The blown air heating is extremly effective but as night on low it whistles so we use an oil filled radiator at night on low setting. The things that we would look for on our next van or even get added to this include. External locker, external 3 pin socket and BBQ point. Possible air con as we had that in our last one!

Not much to add and I expect that we will keep this one for a nother year or two.

• 2 weeks later...

fwiw ...

My amateur modification of 2018 Affinity front locker for increased opening height .

Still working fine in June 2021.

Await critic or maybe thanks !

M

Link :-

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2021 at 11:19, AnastieByte said:

Thought it may help others if I add to this. We have owned our 2018 Avante 550 from new. It has proven to be fault free. There are things we are not keen on or would look for in our next caravan that may influence others.

The layout is suitable for the two of us and we can even fit a 32" TV on the narrow TV shelf. We would have preferred a double 3 pin socket near the TV as oppose to one. The shower works very well as a seperate ensuite.. The toilet room is a little small but fine. My only negatives are the front locker. Its a good size but the hinges dont enable the locker to open as high as I would like and if you have problems bending down this may be a challenge for you. The blown air heating is extremly effective but as night on low it whistles so we use an oil filled radiator at night on low setting. The things that we would look for on our next van or even get added to this include. External locker, external 3 pin socket and BBQ point. Possible air con as we had that in our last one!

Not much to add and I expect that we will keep this one for a nother year or two.

Apart from the air con our Elddis Supreme 550 we bought from Preston Caravans has the extras you mention. Quite a number of dealers do their own variations of specials in conjunction with Elddis .

We did look at this layout but pumped for the 554 in Compass guise, actually a dealer special with some good added goodies.

The kitchen storage didn't allow enough storage for Missus's cooking requirements unfortunately :-(

9 minutes ago, Deryckh said:

Apart from the air con our Elddis Supreme 550 we bought from Preston Caravans has the extras you mention. Quite a number of dealers do their own variations of specials in conjunction with Elddis .

Very helpful to know they do those specials. Thanks

On 13/06/2021 at 11:19, AnastieByte said:

get added to this include. External locker, external 3 pin socket and BBQ point

These item are usually included in dealer specials as well as better window blinds, different fabrics, maybe a AL-KO wheel lock etc etc.