Milenco Aluminium Leveller In Awning

Spyder

Does anyone else have the problem of the Milenco Leveller 'screwed rod' protruding into the awning which would make it difficult to get the wheel arch cover on or am I missing something obvious?

I haven't actually used it yet but when I tried it out at the storage yard I found the 'screwed rod' was at about a 10-15 degree angle INTO the awning.

I'm not ruling out that I'm doing something wrong hence the question.

As it lifts it is on an arc and it straightens to a near vertical .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Got one of those in my garage used it once on my old single axle Eccles Jewel. (a give away if anybody wants it)

Total waste of time and effort IMHO and no good for my twin axle, if i need to level i use 3 sections of decking off cuts each one slightly shorter than the other with the leading edge cut at a 45 degree angle.

The bottom board has 4 16mm holes cut in, the second has 4 pieces of 16mm dowel fixed to match the bottom and also 3 16mm holes to take the dowels from the third piece of deck board

They lock together nicely, don't weigh too much or take up too much room in the front locker and work a treat.

I'm probably cracking open my first beer while your still cranking away. :)

I might have to actually try it and see . . to be fair, I didn't actually lift the van with it so don't know if it does straighten out as CommanderDave suggests.

Or I might just start cutting some fence boards!

Lock n level all the way, especially for a twin axle.

Have tried this instead of the milenco leveller and have no issues fitting the awning skirt

Lock n level all the way, especially for a twin axle.

Have tried this instead of the milenco leveller and have no issues fitting the awning skirt

+1

Have used a Milenco leveller but the LnL is much better

I've used mine for a few years and I can't say it's been a big problem in the awning. A lot of the time it isn't needed and when it is, half the time it's on the other side of the van anyway. I do like to put something on the screw part just in case someone falls onto it.