Sign in to follow this  
gmc15

Bailey Range Updated Later In 2017?

Does anyone know if Bailey is planning to update/revise/change their Unicorn and Pegasus range later this year?

My local dealer was not sure, but they were offering some good deals on the ranges out now.

If they are going to be changed, it would be likely to be for the next model year, ie 2018, which become available in August/September this year.

Edited by hp100425ev

I anticipate that the Series 4 Unicorn will come out later this year.

Not sure about a new Pegasus, it may well be next year.

Bob

• Like 1

I have heard the new range will be called the Bailey Sponge.

• Like 2

Dealers wouldn't want to promote a new model while they have old stock, so its a case of waiting for a Bailey announcement.

Only reading rumours at the moment, such as pop out side walls.

Our dealer has been telling us for the last few months that updated versions of the Pegasus and Unicorn will be announced at the Autumn show.

Seems strange that they would update two ranges at the same time. They've been on a three year cycle lately,though the Pursuit went over,into a fourth year.

Think the next Unicorn will be here sooner rather than later.

The fact that several dealers I have visited over the last few weeks have their showrooms full of Unicorn 3's suggest they are keen to move them on smartish!

• Like 1

Common knowledge on the Bailey stand at the NEC that Unicorn 4 will be out this year, going by past launches usually in dealers by end of August.

Think the next Unicorn will be here sooner rather than later.

The fact that several dealers I have visited over the last few weeks have their showrooms full of Unicorn 3's suggest they are keen to move them on smartish!

Composite floors ? . .. Anyone know ?

No just cosmetic I think.

Sketchy info only though so you never know

• Like 1

No just cosmetic I think.

Sketchy info only though so you never know

Thought they would have gone that way by now. .. No disrespect but if they go down the slide out wall route (mentioned above) they're asking for trouble, giving some issues with basic joint sealing on past and current models. :(

Edited by Silverback
  • Like 2

Thinking about it,if there was a top hinged flap on the rear wall that would go back about a foot,that could solve the problem of a short double bed on the currently popular central washroom models. Or on the sidewall on transverse double bedded ones,enabling more room to get past the bed.

Wonder if they are going to delete even more items with the mk4 Unicorn? Each time they bring out a new version there's less of it! Not being willing to 'down grade' to a lesser spec. I will be 'forced' (though quite willingly) to move to another manufacture when (if ever!) I change.

I note the 'cheaper' ranges do not now even include dampers or ATC. So safety is no longer a priority, apparently. I would never even consider a 'van without these. B-in-Law has just bought a Cordoba so I know this to be fact. To have them fitted costs around £600+ extra! Pity is they don't include good quality as standard either.

I find the present Bailey range very disappointing compared to 6 years ago when I bought mine. The present Unicorn is hardly the 'flag-ship' model it once was, in fact they don't have one. Then again my dealer tells me the equivalent, of my mk1, would cost around £26K min. at today’s prices, so Bailey are obviously limiting themselves to making what sells easily! .

• Like 2

Wonder if they are going to delete even more items with the mk4 Unicorn? Each time they bring out a new version there's less of it! Not being willing to 'down grade' to a lesser spec. I will be 'forced' (though quite willingly) to move to another manufacture when (if ever!) I change.

I note the 'cheaper' ranges do not now even include dampers or ATC. So safety is no longer a priority, apparently. I would never even consider a 'van without these. B-in-Law has just bought a Cordoba so I know this to be fact. To have them fitted costs around £600+ extra! Pity is they don't include good quality as standard either.

I find the present Bailey range very disappointing compared to 6 years ago when I bought mine. The present Unicorn is hardly the 'flag-ship' model it once was, in fact they don't have one. Then again my dealer tells me the equivalent, of my mk1, would cost around £26K min. at today’s prices, so Bailey are obviously limiting themselves to making what sells easily! .

The Bailey website still shows ATC and shock absorbers are standard equipment on the Cordoba.

If your B- Law was charged £600 extra he should have a word with his Dealer.

Bob

• Like 1

All the Unicorn 3 range come with ATC and shock absorbers,have a check on the Bailey site.

Ian

Perhaps he dealt with the famous Spanish caravan salesman,Senor Coming!The ATC and shock absorbers were deleted from the Pegasus in 2015 with the 4.

• Like 2

Seems strange that they would update two ranges at the same time. They've been on a three year cycle lately,though the Pursuit went over,into a fourth year.

With all the problems with the rubbish Dreamsleep system in the Pegasus, I'll not be surprised if they revamp it with a more acceptable alternative.

As regards deleted equipiment our Pegasus, whilst coming with a spare wheel does not come with a jack so just how does one change it? Just crazy especially with english potholes these days breaking wheels etc

• Like 1

Sorry all, I quoted the wrong model, I should have said ancona (Pegasus). What I said about ATC & dampers is still true though, they are only fitted as standard to the unicorn range. Thanks for correcting me Tandem Man. I still think it's a big step backwards.

BTW my B-in-L didn't pay the £600+ asked to fit them as he doesn’t like being ripped off LOL.

With all the problems with the rubbish Dreamsleep system in the Pegasus, I'll not be surprised if they revamp it with a more acceptable alternative.

As regards deleted equipiment our Pegasus, whilst coming with a spare wheel does not come with a jack so just how does one change it? Just crazy especially with english potholes these days breaking wheels etc

Not having the supplied jack would be a plus point for me! I find them totally unsafe & I resigned mine to the shed after the first trial use, together with the under-slung wheel carrier (which also, as a bonus, saved 21Lb of dead weight LOL).

Having used such a jack, in my more youthful, less enlightened past, changing a wheel on a busy road with a swaying 'van balanced on one wheel & a flimsy jack is not my idea of safety. Being hitched to the car didn't help much.

As I frequently say "that's what I pay Green Flag for, not so I can risk my own life & limb using a flimsy jack". But, live & learn, (hopefully!) & each to their own. .....

Out of interest, i have a S1 Unicorn Barcelona, if i was to upgrade to a new one tomorrow, what would i be missing?

Composite Floors have been on a number of the NEC show models for the last 2/3 years testing how they stand up to foot traffic etc. So Unicorn 4 have them ????.

Definitely +1

We have a 2010 Peg 462 which was then top of the range - the Uni 1 came out in 2011 and the Peg got downgraded in the process.

We have been looking around at new vans and there is nothing - repeat nothing of any make that is anywhere near as good as our Peg. The only thing that most new vans have acquired is USB outlets and in some cases satellite connections. They don't have (full) Tracker, they don't have ATC, they don't have Omnivent kitchen fans (and on most new vans fitting one would require the roof cut-out being enlarged,) they have (IMO) the dreadful Alde wet heating system, the gas bottle and battery in some cases have been moved aft of the axle but in others the gas is still in the front locker, the battery is in front of the axle, and the water heater is in the front corner making it necessary to drain it to get the noseweight down to a reasonable figure. The only up side is that many vans have shockers fitted as standard which my Peg didn't but which I fitted myself in about 40 mins total.

AND why oh why do caravan manufacturers (like clothes makers) not recognise that people are getting bigger - specifically taller - and keep making (2-berth) beds that are only 6ft long?

I rest my case m'lud.

• Like 3

I've been the same height for the last 68 years :D

Makers are giving you 8 foot wide caravans so you do have choices. My Conqueror hasn't a single USB but i don't have any at home either, apart from the one for the radio which is still not Dab.

My U1 was great but let down by a long long list of problems including damp.

Conqueror does has a roof fan, i personally don't want it finding my U1 did the job very well. It also has sat connections which again i don't need, But to call Alde heating i find a bit strange, mine was faultless and much more effective than blown air ever was in my previous caravan.

It also has ATC but no Alko wheel lock, not that i will miss it, and standard shockers same as the U1.

Alde is strangely sited IMO being right up front, and the battery is again sited before the axle which seems odd.

But the caravan ticks the most boxes for me, my priority being to remove the wood floor.

I'm sure you will find a replacement for your peggy eventually, we have always struggled to replace our caravans too.

Edited by xtrailman

Out of interest, i have a S1 Unicorn Barcelona, if i was to upgrade to a new one tomorrow, what would i be missing?

TA are now the pick of the Unicorn range IMO, lacking nothing, but you might not be impressed with the roof joint. :rolleyes:

• Like 2