Sign in to follow this  
avondale4

Abbey 417 Ft Vogue 1997 Thetford C200

Thetford c200 toilet pumping, I have a the c200 which means it comes with manual pump and led level indicator . inspired by another caravanner over Easter I converted my toilet to electric pump as

Opposed to hand pump, the installation was fairly easy I removed the whole toilet and did the job on the tailgate of my landy as I had to do two jobs in one hit. I had the dreaded algae problem with the water tank on the toilet so I separated the tank from the pan and gubbins and proceeded to scrub out the old black stuff thoroughly then with the pumping stem removed I took out two small self tappers and removed the pump mechanism then fitted a new electric submersible pump and passed the original hose over the top of the original pump support and down through the hole where the push rod used to go on to the electrical pumps out put nozzle then reeassembled the whole lot and installed a new 12 v electrical supply direct from the distribution cabinet.

Time had come to commission said upgrade so poised in the cassette door way and my wife on the controls inside she pushed the new switch and wirrr and out come the pink

Water . ......... it wouldn't stop !! After using several towels and eventually unloading the whole tank (thankfully not a full one)! It stopped flowing aghast I couldn't believe it the blinking thing had started a very efficient siphoning action my question is how can I stop it syphoning after a simple flush ? Would it be as simple as putting a simple piercing into the output pipe somewhere inside the holding tank so air gets into it slowly to stop the syphoning or would changing the route of the pipe simply do it ?

Edited by avondale4

Hi

did you incorporate the original Vacuum Breaker, the small round item attached to the top of the hand pump assembly, that has the two pipes attached. I believe this is designed to stop syphoning after the pump has been operated.

Nick

Edited by thewardlows

Ahh was wondering what it was and couldn't figure out which way round it should go, any ideas which way it should be plumbed and is it to be kept high where it was ?

Thanks, I had my pump out today and wondered what that white round thing was. Unfortunately I can not remember which way around it was. I was just about to post another query on the impeller sticking. See elsewhere.