Sign in to follow this  
kiters61

Kampa Carpet

We have purchased a Air Ace Pro 400 Awning & the Kampa Continental carpet for this awning,but when we put the awning up, then la]ed the carpet the fit was appalling? when it was layed with the kampa logo strip up to the skirt the front of the carpet does not even reach the awning cover strip under the poles, it leaves a strip of grass showing the front shape does not match the shape of the awning?

any one else had the same problem

post-33857-0-24739100-1493501951_thumb.jpg

We have the fitted carpet for the standard Ace 400 and it fits perfectly, I would suggest you lay the carpet first and fit the awing to it, rather than the other way round.

My other thought is do you have the correct carpet as the standard and air are different sizes.

Looks like you have the awning supports pulled too far out. We have the same carpet as yours (albeit the earlier version with grey and black section), but it fits just fine

Can't remember the details, but there was one revision of carpet that frankly didn't fit - something to do with the manufacturers changing the orientation of how it was made. Kampa denied any issue but ultimately (I think?) changed the design again. Search for long enough on here & you'll find details.

Hope ours fits then!.

We have the fitted carpet for the standard Ace 400 and it fits perfectly, I would suggest you lay the carpet first and fit the awing to it, rather than the other way round.

My other thought is do you have the correct carpet as the standard and air are different sizes.

I think that a standard Ace is completely difference? when I blow mine up there is a complete under skirt with pole supports fitted & when it up the skirt positions the air poles which gives the shape of the front & sides.

Can't remember the details, but there was one revision of carpet that frankly didn't fit - something to do with the manufacturers changing the orientation of how it was made. Kampa denied any issue but ultimately (I think?) changed the design again. Search for long enough on here & you'll find details.

This is the topic I believe. Quite a lot to plough through but the photos at the beginning tell the story.

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/114305-ace-air-500-fitted-kampa-mat/

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

This is the topic I believe. Quite a lot to plough through but the photos at the beginning tell the story.

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/114305-ace-air-500-fitted-kampa-mat/

Hi Onewheel,

thanks for this, that is how mine looks ? I tried pulling the poles forward but it pulls the complete awning out of shape, Kampa need to get the shape better than it is not keep saying its right, I was told to pull the carpet forward But the back is then about 5" to short from the skirt, & the carpet corners are then bent up the air poles, the complete front of the carpet is the wrong shape. . come on KAMPA get it right?

Hi - what was your solution to this problem, or did you not find one?

We have done the EXACT Same thing. Bought a Kampa Ace Air Pro 400, then bought the carpet a few weeks later.

Came to use it for the first time last weekend, and when i fit the carpet into the angles of the window bays of the awning, i am left with a strip of grass a METRE WIDE running down the length of our caravan???

I too first thought i had perhaps pulled the awning too far out, but there is no way i can correct the position of the awning by that much - it just looks completely wrong, and i dont want to risk popping one of the struts by wrongly forcing it.

Any help appreciated.