Led Awning Light With Key Fob

Just wondering why Swift would produce a caravan with with an LED awning light, fit the Sargent stinger 310 alarm system with awning light output but not have the nessasary single pair of cables added to the wiring loom to activate the light from the key fob.

This would have been a miniscule cost to the selling price of the van when new which is a 2012 registered Sterling Eccles Amethyst (without the dreaded front section damp problem i must add)

Had to do the job myself this morning took about half an hour before i left for work.

It's one of those things you can live with, unfortunatly i'm the type that likes things to work if the option is there.

Away next week for a few days Hurley riverside park (along side the river Thames not far from Henley)

Just wondering why Swift would produce a caravan with with an LED awning light, fit the Sargent stinger 310 alarm system with awning light output but not have the nessasary single pair of cables added to the wiring loom to activate the light from the key fob.

This would have been a miniscule cost to the selling price of the van when new which is a 2012 registered Sterling Eccles Amethyst (without the dreaded front section damp problem i must add)

Had to do the job myself this morning took about half an hour before i left for work.

It's one of those things you can live with, unfortunatly i'm the type that likes things to work if the option is there.

Away next week for a few days Hurley riverside park (along side the river Thames not far from Henley)

Duplicate post ????

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/122365-led-waning-light-with-key-fob/

Indeed it is thats what happens when you get older and distacted you forget what you did 5 minutes ago

Sorry :unsure:

Indeed it is thats what happens when you get older and distacted you forget what you did 5 minutes ago

Sorry :unsure:

:goodpost::D sadly it comes to us all eventually

Either penny pinching or saving that option for another year. High end Lunars have it as standard. Enjoy Hurley!

Seems my 2012 unit missed that option by a few months, still fully functioning now I've wired it myself.

Thanks for your replays good people

Tony

• 1 month later...

My 2014 Swift Challenger had the required wiring already fitted. I installed the Sargent Stinger alarm and plugged the connector in to the lighting sub panel and the remote operation of the awning light worked.

I have that on my Lunar. Rarely use the awning light but when I do I always use the key fob. Forgotten where the damned switch is anyway . ................ yep that comes to us all as well

I have that on my Lunar. Rarely use the awning light but when I do I always use the key fob. Forgotten where the damned switch is anyway . ... . .. . .. . .. . .. . yep that comes to us all as well

I'm opposite to you, Easy as we do use the awning light, to wipe the dogs early morning / late night. It's on the panel above the door. ....