Run-flat Caravan Tyres?.

Keefmac

Just a thought more than anything but how come nobody makes runflat tyres suitable for caravans?.

Surely they'd make a fortune selling runflats with a pressure monitor as a full kit. .

Just a thought more than anything but how come nobody makes runflat tyres suitable for caravans?.

Surely they'd make a fortune selling runflats with a pressure monitor as a full kit. .

I don't know of any runflats with high enough load rating for vans/caravans - who knows whether that's because of technical difficulty or lack of demand

Each to their own, I would not have run flats on any vehicle or trailer.

Give me a spare wheel (or at least a skinny) any time.

Run flats are limited to 50 miles once deflated so we'd still need to carry a spare - I dread to think what the extra cost would be.

I don't know of any runflats with high enough load rating for vans/caravans - who knows whether that's because of technical difficulty or lack of demand

I looked at load ratings and might be enough for a twin but I found the diameter a problem as the ones I could find was 15+ .

Possibly if you could match a wheel spec you could change the wheels and fit a tyrepal system to be legal .

Dave