Hi

I need to replace a 400 x 400 push up MPK rooflight, but would like to put in a different make. My wife being only 5ft cannot reach the current one. Are there any that provide a facility for a shorter person to use them also does anybody have any views on the relative merits or otherwise of different makes. Finally is it likely that the roof cut out will be compatible with different makes, thanks in advance for any help.

Ian

Hi Ian and welcome to CT

As far as I am aware there isn't an alternative rooflight to the MPK, that will facilitate a substitute so that someone of a shorter statute can open the roof light, you might be able to find another 400 x 400 rooflight but not to fit the existing surround. The easiest solution would be you open it for her or a block of wood for her to stand on.

Andrew

Ford Mondeo Estate Titaniuim TDCi mk4 (16v 140 BHP) (2008)

Towing Elddis Odyssey 544 (2008) Truma mover S towing at 98%

My web site caravanlife. updated 28/5/2017

Thanks for the reply, maybe I didn't make myself clear. The rooflight is broken and needs replacement. I was wondering if different makes in 400 x 400 size would be compatible with the existing roof cutout.

I have in the past seen rooflights with a stick thingy you could use to open it but can't remember what they were.

I replaced one of these 9 yrs ago on a previous van. I seem to remember it is held into the frame by 4 screws but a replacement came with the frame for about £25.

Most dealers stocked them but they all appeared to be the same design. I haven't seen one with a rod sticking down but it would annoy me!

My wife is 2" taller than yours but it is just a job for me to do not her. No problem.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

The rod didn't hang from the roof light it was a separate item that engaged with a socket of some sort.

I do operate them when I'm in the van, but I also often put it on a site for her and the grand kids while I'm at work

I understand but have never seen them.

For the grandchildren we have a small step which my wife can use to do the ceiling light. The ones we have need two hands normally to push them up.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion