Help Changing Cartridge Reich Trend A Mixer

Hi

Anyone any experience changing the cartridge in a Reich Trend A shower mixer tap, its leaking from the body joint. I cannot see how to dismantle the tap, the little coloured thingy is on the end of the tap stalk and surely there cant be a grub screw accessible from there.

Ian

post-84354-0-47989500-1492210797_thumb.jpg

Hi Ian,

I assume this is the cartridge you are referring to.
https://www. leisureshopdirect. com/water/caravan-taps/reich-taps/spares-for-reich-taps/reich-tap-ceramic-cartridge-35mm
I've only changed a cartridge once so I'm working from memory here. Use a small screwdriver first remove the small plastic end cover from the handle. This exposes a 2. 5mm allan key screw. Undo this and carefully lift off the tap head. With a pair of grips remove the top nut and this will allow you remove the ceramic tap cartridge that if I recall may also be held in place with three long screws. Replace with a new cartridge taking care to align the two locating pins on the bottom before tightening up. Finally refit the handle and replace the plastic cover.

Gordon

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

It is possible that Gordon is incorrect here. I think from memory that the arm unscrews and then thet cover comes off and then dismantling is relatively obvious. But we had one of these fitted as a shower mixer (stupid idea) and upon dismantling the body of it was cracked and I had to replace the whole tap.

Thanks for correcting me Fred :)

Gordon

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.