Sun Canopy Help.

SCP1959

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Sun canopy for our France holiday later this year. I am hoping for good weather so I'm thinking of this instead of taking our Kampa Rally Air Pro 390.
A colleague swears by the Fiamma Caravanstore but it's quite expensive especially if I want to add side panels. The same for the Thule Omnistor.
At the moment I'm being drawn towards the new for 2017 SunnCamp Swift Canopy 390.

http://www. purelyoutdoors. co. uk/Shop/p-3871-SunnCamp-Swift-Canopy-390---New-for-2017. html?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_media=Product+Search&gclid=CMe5ro-rkNMCFcRAGwodGGgJbg

There again in a lucid moment, I suddenly thought that; actually the Kampa will be fine without the side panels fitted and the front rolled up. :unsure:

Any advice and opinions welcome.

Thank you.

Edited by SCP1959

Try Ebay

http://www. ebay. co. uk/sch/i. html?_odkw=used+caravan+awnings&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573. m570. l1313. TR0. TRC0. H2. Xused+caravan+awnings+caravanstore+zip. TRS0&_nkw=used+caravan+awnings+caravanstore+zip&_sacat=0

I paid around £400 for Caravanstore zip 4. 1m including full side and ends plus extra door side pole. The canopy was pristine but had been used. The rest had not been out of the bag. Even the pegs were brand new!

You might get lucky.

As a matter of fact we sold our Kampa Rally Air Pro 290 because it was simply too much hassle to put up when stopping for a short while. We now roll out the canopy and if needed one of the ends can zip in place against any prevailing wind. 5 minute job even with the end - canopy alone takes all of 3 mins!

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Sun canopy for our France holiday later this year. I am hoping for good weather so I'm thinking of this instead of taking our Kampa Rally Air Pro 390.

A colleague swears by the Fiamma Caravanstore but it's quite expensive especially if I want to add side panels. The same for the Thule Omnistor.

At the moment I'm being drawn towards the new for 2017 SunnCamp Swift Canopy 390. http://www. purelyoutdoors. co. uk/Shop/p-3871-SunnCamp-Swift-Canopy-390---New-for-2017. html?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_media=Product+Search&gclid=CMe5ro-rkNMCFcRAGwodGGgJbg

There again in a lucid moment, I suddenly thought that; actually the Kampa will be fine without the side panels fitted and the front rolled up. :unsure:

Thank you.

Due to age,we bought a Kampa sun awning,cost approx £100. 00. Its very easy to put up,has side privacy,or windbreak sides,works fairly well,does shade you from the sun and breaks the wind force,does not like strong wind as the roof panel flaps up and down.

I have a used caravanstore.

Tatty but no tears in the awning itself.

It's stuck in the garage. I liked it so much we got a bigger one.

PM me if you fancy a look, I don't want a lot for it.

I like the look of the new SunnCamp, but those guy ropes at the front kills it for me. We take our Isabella Magnum and leave the sides and front out. If we have a large enough pitch we put our Isabella Shadow Canopy on the back of the van.

Re the Fiamma caravan store, I thought they were Fiamma's importer into the UK. Turns out they are just a distributor with a cute name. There are lots of other companies selling Fiamma products.

At the moment I'm being drawn towards the new for 2017 SunnCamp Swift Canopy 390.

http://www. purelyoutdoors. co. uk/Shop/p-3871-SunnCamp-Swift-Canopy-390---New-for-2017. html?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_media=Product+Search&gclid=CMe5ro-rkNMCFcRAGwodGGgJbg

Thank you.

Thank you.

I used a 300 Isabella "Shadow" sunshade light and easy to store, just before I sold my caravan I bought the Shadow Net Front

which gives more shade but is "see through" it has not even been unpacked.

Have a look at Obelink UK. This is one of the largest caravan accessory suppliers in the Netherlands. Their Euro Sunroof is made in many sizes starting at £38. 50 for a 240 size. We bought one a few years ago. Very well made you buy the frame separately or use one you may have. Delivery was a few pounds and came within a few days. Our Dutch friends say company is of very high standing.

After a lot of umming and ahhing I've ordered the Sunncamp Swift Canopy 390. The guy lines don't bother me too much, a bit reminiscent of my trailer tenting days. I do appreciate it may not be suitable for smaller pitches though.

However I've bought this primairily for use in France where the pitches tend to be more generous. I do like the Fiamma bag awnings but when the cost of adding additional panels is taken into consideration it becomes expensive. It's the open front with enclosed sides of the Sunncamp which appeals to me. I'll keep an eye on eBay though.

Thanks for all the replies.

There is presently a good offer on the excellent Isabella "Transit". This is a modular unit in that you can use the sun canopy only or add on one or both of the supplied sides and front reflecting your needs at the time All very easy to do.

http://www. glossopawnings. com/sales-now-on/isabella-transit-340. html