Foreign Currency Debenhams

Just a heads up for an offer we found today in Debenhams.
Buy £50 worth of any foreign currency and get a £5 voucher to spend in store the same day, £20 minimum spend. You can repeat weekly.
So any of you travelling abroad this year and also need/want some new clothes, nice little bonus there, cheers, Lambos.
  • Like 1

Depends what exchange rate they offer.

Exactly, no such thing as a free lunch.

Agree. Current exchange rate is:

25E803EA-4976-463C-9A72-3331B94F84D8_zps

And on money supermarket the rates are slightly better. Best is Halifax clarity for non direct currency exchange and 1. 15

B6C0A092-DA9E-484D-A3BF-D31066F7A0DE_zps

• Like 1

We get ours from Thomas Cook in the town rate today is £1. 1403 no charges. I book on line and OH goes straight down and pick them up cheaper that way.

snooks

Elddis Crusader Storm with Kia Sorento XS

Joys of European Caravanning

We usually buy euros over a period of time, to hedge our bets. A few weeks ago got 1. 17 at Tesco, today got 1. 148 at Debenhams plus 2 £5 vouchers to use today on our holiday clothes, ;} .

We emptied the various places we put coinage yesterday. I only ever carry notes or cards! Over £200. Thinking of going to the Post office as their rate looked reasonable !

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

We invariably have some euro's left over from the previous trip so tend now to wait until we get to Europe before buying more, usually with our Halifax Clarity Card, usually works out cheaper than buying in the UK.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

We get ours from Thomas Cook in the town rate today is £1. 1403 no charges. I book on line and OH goes straight down and pick them up cheaper that way.

snooks

It does rather depend on how far town is though-for us its a 34 mile round trip, a couple of hours of time and parking charges.

We have used a Caxton card for a few years and on our last trip to Italy we were using Euros loaded at 1. 4 to the pound the previous year. With all the uncertainty at the moment there has not been any time at which I have felt it was worth loading up the Caxton but its there if the opportunity arises.

Now we tend to just keep a few euros on it, to pay for ACSI subscriptions and the like, and use our Nationwide debit card for free cash withdrawals abroad and keep enough cash back to last a couple of days on the next trip.

A £5 voucher with a £50 order is excellent. Ten per cent. 1. 13 effectively 1. 24 "overall", assuming you shop at Debenhams.

Thank you, as they say "the difference, is Debenhams". Love the shop. At one point on Facebook, my name was Debenham, interestingly, one of the least common surnames in the UK.

Russ

• Like 1

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.