Sign in to follow this  
sampvt

Things Needed For Travel Abroad

Further to the above, what is meant by serial number?

Vin No?

You'll need one if you're going into Lyon but not if you're going around the ring road. I'm going to Lyon this year and there's a possibility that I will go into the city so I've ordered one and have a receipt for 4. 80 €, just waiting for the sticker.

John :)

Just to be on the safe side I've ordered one, €4. 80

I used one of the links on this thread and they wanted nearly €30 !!!!!

Make sure to use the official website :rolleyes:

Further to the above, what is meant by serial number?

Vin No?

I used my Chassis Number and it worked, which website are you using?

https://www. certificat-air. gouv. fr/en/

All sorted. I must have some pop up blocker on my laptop. Used the wife's laptop and all worked seamlessly. I used the VIN and all was ok. Thanks for your help.

Huw

Edit: I used the official site but did go to a rogue site yesterday until they tried to charge 29. 65€!

Cheating wotsits.

Edited by Vanmaster Man

Are people just uploading the front page of the V5C???

Are people just uploading the front page of the V5C???

I uploaded the German version of a V5, no probs

I uploaded the German version of a V5, no probs

A UK one has three pages of vehicle related information (I don't know about a German one) which page are UK owners uploading?

A UK one has three pages of vehicle related information (I don't know about a German one) which page are UK owners uploading?

Should be inside of front page.

• Like 1

Should be inside of front page.

Thanks

I uploaded the info page (1st inside) and not the front red. The rear page is only for the tear offs which won't apply.

OK I'm sorted thanks all.

I don't know if the op is still reading this thread after all that he bickering but one thing worth taking is a spare cap for your aquaroll if you use one, they are not available abroad.

Ian

Im still reading and following it but my goodness, it seems to be an emotive subject to say the least. i dont even wear glasses. lol.

Ive got quite a list and some great advice but the bickering is a little silly but not half as bad as some subjects on here. Im really grateful though and if there is any room left for payload, \ill think about a little booze as well. lol.

I think I'd die if I read all the above posts.

But, I wear glasses and have done so for more years than I like to count. (Same worrying thing as how old your kids are!)

A few years ago my glasses broke when I was away from home and I just couldn't drive.

So regardless of what country I'm in, I carry spare glasses!

Im still reading and following it but my goodness, it seems to be an emotive subject to say the least. i dont even wear glasses. lol.

Ive got quite a list and some great advice but the bickering is a little silly but not half as bad as some subjects on here. Im really grateful though and if there is any room left for payload, \ill think about a little booze as well. lol.

I think you would do better not asking questions around half term when all the kiddies are bored. ;);):)

Sticker ordered. Not strictly needed for where we are going, but if off to one of the larger cities you cant be too careful as knowing my luck the zones will change!

A lot of peace of mind for circa £4 (4. 80 euros)

There is a complete bans in Paris from 0800 – 2000hrs on weekdays for the following ;-

• Cars registered prior to 1997

• Motorbikes & Scooters registered prior to June 1st 2000

• Lorries, trucks and buses registered prior to 2001.

This applies to Paris, Lyon, Grenoble and (I think) Lille. If your car qualifies to drive anytime, you need a sticker which indicates which Class of polluter it is. There is a fine for folk not displaying a sticker £100+ I believe.

John. :)

https://www. crit-air. fr/en. html

post-33872-0-08310700-1491056876_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leedslad

Sticker ordered. Not strictly needed for where we are going, but if off to one of the larger cities you cant be too careful as knowing my luck the zones will change!

A lot of peace of mind for circa £4 (4. 80 euros)

I haven't read this thread for a while but see that it has gone onto the French emission sticker, amongst other things.

You may have to be patient. According to the Daily Mail today, ( I buy it on Saturdays for the TV magazine) it may take up to six weeks to arrive because they have been inundated with applications.

I got my invoice on the 19th March but no sticker yet. I understand the invoice can be used as proof of purchase and classification until the sticker arrives, unless the Gendarmes have become nasty since Article 50 was triggered :unsure: .

You can track your application once you have your invoice but you need to leave your Registration number off as the website is geared for French registrations only. (This advice given by laurieW in the original thread, thankyou). I've tracked mine and it simply says 'your request is in production'

Gordon

• Like 1

I haven't read this thread for a while but see that it has gone onto the French emission sticker, amongst other things.

You may have to be patient. According to the Daily Mail today, ( I buy it on Saturdays for the TV magazine) it may take up to six weeks to arrive because they have been inundated with applications.

I got my invoice on the 19th March but no sticker yet. I understand the invoice can be used as proof of purchase and classification until the sticker arrives, unless the Gendarmes have become nasty since Article 50 was triggered :unsure: .

You can track your application once you have your invoice but you need to leave your Registration number off as the website is geared for French registrations only. (This advice given by laurieW in the original thread, thankyou). I've tracked mine and it simply says 'your request is in production'

Gordon

The on site tracker for mine still says 'in production' even though they sent it and it arrived ages ago!

Mine arrived around a week after ordering, which genuinely surprised me given the numbers of people that must be applying for the things and I applied in my name rather than the registered keeper's name (my wife) which I thought might have caused a delay.

The on site tracker for mine still says 'in production' even though they sent it and it arrived ages ago!

Mine arrived around a week after ordering, which genuinely surprised me given the numbers of people that must be applying for the things and I applied in my name rather than the registered keeper's name (my wife) which I thought might have caused a delay.

Same here, ordered at the weekend two weeks ago, got an email confirmation on the Tuesday with a copy of the sticker to use temporarily if needed, and the sticker itself arrived on the Friday. Six days in all.

Based on the fact that we ''will'' be going abroad in either our motorhome or caravan for the first time this year, I would like all you informed and educated seasoned campaigners to help me compile a list of things needed for our Journey.

My advice is simple, take everything that is a legal requirement for the countries you will visit, and supplement that with all of the things that are advisable (according to the previous posts) then you should be covered for the worst case scenario.

ie Only one high viz jacket may be law, but carry one inside the car for each passenger too. Similarly carry more than one warning triangle whether required by law or not and adjust your headlamps so you cannot dazzle oncoming traffic but whether you flick a lever on the headlamp, add a patch to the headlamp lens or fit deflectors is up to you. What you should not do is to simply lower your headlamp beam if it still dips to the wrong side.

Above all - enjoy your trip and so long as you're legal don't get too worried about the details.

Gordon.

We drove through Lyon this weekend and whatever these stickers are for - polar bears, emissions or whatever - there were not many displaying them!!!!! And not all cars were brand new! But for our peace of mind we had ours!

Whatever you do . Don,t forget the kitchen sink. Everything else has been suggested. !!!

• Like 1

We drove through Lyon this weekend and whatever these stickers are for - polar bears, emissions or whatever - there were not many displaying them!!!!! And not all cars were brand new! But for our peace of mind we had ours!

One thing that may cause confusion is that the "Euro Emission Standard" runs from 1 (bad) to 6 (good) whereas the Crit'Air system runs from 5 (bad) to 1 (good) and then has an additional green sticker for excellent :unsure:

Crit'Air stickers.jpg

At the moment this Crit'Air sticker system only applies during the daytime in Paris (inside of the Boulevard Périphérique), Lyon and Grenoble but is most likely to spread to other towns and cities over time. Look out for the red "Circulation Restreinte" (restricted traffic) signs.