Eternabond Tape - The End Of Leaks Forever :)

steveclv

I have lived in the USA for 15 years and was a keen RVer having owned 5 over the years, all in various states of repair/preservation and during the process of refurbishment, I cam across this product which is widely available in the States and non-existent in the UK (or appears so)

It's an adhesive tape that is loaded with a very, very sticky sealant and is used to cover the seams on motorhome roofs. You dry the seam, clean it with meths and then apply the tape and finish off with a wallpaper roller. The adhesive is pressure activated.

I have used it on fibreglass, metal and EPDM roofs and it's amazing - it has never leaked after being applied and the American RV community swear by it.

I'm just about to take delivery of my used Bailey Pegasus Monarch S5 and it has two roof seams and I have just ordered my Eternabond tape from the US (eBay)

It comes in a handy 4" x 8 ft roll - enough to do a single full width seam and it's white that should match (almost) the roof colour.

I'll post some photos when it arrives of the product and the application - with shipping it was approx £50 for the 2 seams - a small price to pay for the peace of mind.

http://www. eternabond. com/

Edited by steveclv
  • Like 1

Do they have a UK distributor as £50 seems a bit steep for a roll of tape.

Does your Bailey leak or are you trying to ensure it doesn't in the future?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Found this on Amazon, not sure if it is the same tape, but the advert shows a motorhome.

https://www. amazon. co. uk/Eternabond-Microsealant-Tape-by-EternaBond/dp/B00HO151FC

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

Although it may be the same tape on Amazon the tape says 24 inches long. Not long enough to use to seal full width of caravan roof.

• Like 1

Although it may be the same tape on Amazon the tape says 24 inches long. Not long enough to use to seal full width of caravan roof.

The longest dimension, in "More product details" is 15 cm which, in rods poles and perches, is 4 inches. :o:rolleyes:

Works out at more than £7 per inch if the dimensions are correct.

Edited by DeeTee

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

Do they have a UK distributor as £50 seems a bit steep for a roll of tape.

Does your Bailey leak or are you trying to ensure it doesn't in the future?

They don't appear to have anyone in the UK - really don't know why

It doesn't leak (yet) but it is a Bailey so it's only a matter of time :)

I was a lot cheaper in the US ($15 a roll) but it's quite heavy and shipping is expensive.

Same stuff but that's only a small piece designed for repairing pipes.

This is what I ordered - 2 off (1 for each seam)

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/131734146758

Total came to £43 including the shipping for 2 rolls.

They don't appear to have anyone in the UK - really don't know why

It doesn't leak (yet) but it is a Bailey so it's only a matter of time :)

I was a lot cheaper in the US ($15 a roll) but it's quite heavy and shipping is expensive.

Same stuff but that's only a small piece designed for repairing pipes.

This is what I ordered - 2 off (1 for each seam)

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/131734146758

Total came to £43 including the shipping for 2 rolls.

http://www. repairproducts. co. uk/page40. htm

EternaBond leak Patch is the best solution for leak repair.

Details:- 81 Illingworth Close, Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 3QF, UK Tel 020 8648 3866 (We stock all products)

• Like 2

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

Isn't this the same sort of stuff which Swift are using? My 2016 Challenger has tape across the joint front and rear of the roof. Swift say its there for appearance only as the joint beneath it is the seal. Anyway, its definitely tape.

Ern

Actually I just read the page again that Leedslad posted and it looks like they do sell it on 7. 6m rolls for a decent price - I'll investigate more :)

Sounds very similar to Sylglas tape.

• Like 1

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Looks like good stuff, but this quote on the web site made me laugh.

" 700% guarantees RoofSeal will flex expand and contract in all conditions"

700% eh. .. ;)

Thumb.jpg.f255c7e57524ea1128623188ab0d66c5.jpg 2016 Caravan is SOLD.   With very happy new owner

I can never understand why they say this. It is a mathematical impossibility to have more than 100%.

You also hear sportspersons talk about giving 150%.....never. .....Peter

• Like 1

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

Sounds very similar to Sylglas tape.

Shows, also Denzo, dry out and disintegrate in sunlight. Only ever been considered as a temporary repair.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Shows, also Denzo, dry out and disintegrate in sunlight. Only ever been considered as a temporary repair.

John

Please could someone explain this post to me.

Please could someone explain this post to me.

Sorry, should have said Sylgas not shows but got beat by auto correct. It was referring to post #11 which was quoted.

Sylglas and Denzo were/are mastic impregnated sacking material used in some building applications. It does give a very good seal but has a short life if left to the elements.

See. https://www. powertoolsdirect. com/sylglas-waterproofing-tape-range?utm_source=google&kwd=&utm_medium=merchant_pla&gclid=Cj0KEQiAot_FBRCqt8jVsoDKoZABEiQAqFL76FUtESA3pYBAXDezWK6gud33KKxkBHjAn8OYmLvdksYaAgdZ8P8HAQ

However it could be that they have evolved and improved since I last used it.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

I am still not sure what "Sylgas not shows" means.

Must be me.

• Like 2

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I am still not sure what "Sylgas not shows" means.

Must be me.

It does help if the whole sentence is used for context.

If you look at post 14 the word 'shows' is used it should read Sylglas. That's all there is to it.

This was caused by the auto correct, yes, my fault. I have apologised once, think that is enough.

John

• Like 2

Don't worry John, auto correct has a lot to answer for. It's caught me out a time or two, people should realise when things don't read right and have more empathy . ....Peter

• Like 3

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

So is now offensive to politely ask for clarification?

Not sure if that is aimed at me, but at no time have I said anything is offensive, please clarify, (if you are not offended that is).

jOHN

The spill chequer has a lot to answer for, however it does make some interesting changes :unsure:

• Like 1

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Not sure if that is aimed at me, but at no time have I said anything is offensive, please clarify, (if you are not offended that is).

jOHN

My post 20 was in response to post 18 which I feel smacks of trolling.

My post 20 was in response to post 18 which I feel smacks of trolling.

Sorry, I meant post 19.

I have no idea why people rely on autocomplete at all. I always have it switched off.

• Like 1

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1986 Honda XBR500

I have no idea why people rely on autocomplete at all. I always have it switched off.

I have no idea why some contributors, in a discussion topic about Eternabond tape, criticise other contributors input methods and techniques. :rolleyes:

• Like 8