Sign in to follow this  
bigbilly

Where To Get Prints ?

7 minutes ago, Silversurf said:

I'm a member of CT and quite a few other forums that cater for my many interests and my quests for advice, information and where I can hopefully offer some advice, some are small with only one forum, some have sub-forums as with CT.

Many times, on all these, I stray away from the thing I may be researching, to a sub-forum and invariably find something interesting, learn something new.

I follow posts on CT not by any particular thread, i. e. awnings, but use the 'view new content ' function which covers all and sundry, if there is something interesting, to me, I read and follow it, if it is of no interest to me, though it will be to many others, I simply pass it by, much like reading a newspaper, I have no interest in sport so just turn the page.

Yes Cliff, moderators are needed in the background, in my opinion to ensure that nothing insulting or inappropriate appears on the forum, to occasionally assist members by moving their post/thread to a different area to give them better coverage, as is occasionally done on here, all seamlessly and invisible, you hardly know they are there, tasks they perform in their own time, with in most cases without any thanks or acknowledgement, which they don't seek anyway.

When you say " Come on moderators, do your job! " be careful what you wish for, there are many forums moderated to death by a clique of moderators whose only interest is their own, is this something you wish for ?

Some of this type of moderated ( caravan ) forums are often mentioned on here.

Be your own moderator it isn't difficult. ..................honestly.

What a well-rounded post - good for you squire.   I would have been much harder had I replied!

Another one for Snapfish, online printers.

3 hours ago, Cliff&Jackie said:

I have said this on another feed, this is called 'Caravan Talk' for a reason - to Talk about caravan related things!

Come on moderators, do your job!

Cliff

Caravan Talk has been in existence for a good number of years, the latest iteration since 2005, we are proud of our site and very proud of our members, who on the whole through self moderation allow the forum to run with little input from the moderators.

Yes its a caravan forum, but just like several people getting together on a caravan site or in a pub, the conversation wanders.

We acknowledge topics will go off course, and if it is an important thread that is running, we will split the "off topic" conversation into its own thread, and if it is not caravan related it goes in the Social Club where non-caravan related topics live.

My advice would be to contribute to topics that interest you and skim over or ignore the ones that don't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cliff&Jackie said:

I have said this on another feed, this is called 'Caravan Talk' for a reason - to Talk about caravan related things!

Come on moderators, do your job!

Cliff

This thread is clearly headed "photography" . .. what on earth are you talking about.  

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this