We have a Spinflow Prima Mk 3 Oven. The oven lights but when I let go of the knob it goes out. It stays on as long as I keep the knob pressed in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you,

Robbie.

It may be a faulty, or damaged safety device. The device shuts off the gas supply when it fails to detect a flame. Holding in the supply knob overrides the device.

It may be a faulty, or damaged safety device. The device shuts off the gas supply when it fails to detect a flame. Holding in the supply knob overrides the device.

You could also try cleanning the safety divice tip with fine sand paper before repacing the thermo couple (safety divice )

As the heat sensor thing moved out of the centre of the flame?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

Had various thermocouple problems over the years with gas fires and boilers.

Couple of weeks back our gas fire would not stay alight, turned out that the thermocouple probe had moved just outside the heat zone.

Tweaked the bracket to move it closer and been OK since but have needed to replace thermocouples completely in the past.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

If the thermocouple has failed they are a universal device, cost less than £4 and are a fairly easy DIY fit although it may mean removing the oven.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

Could be not enough heat on the thermocouple also ? Check you have enough gas and enough gas pressure and not a faulty regulator a hob lights all four burners with a good strong flame and the gas jets are not blocked in the oven . Cleaning fluids can block jets when cleaning appliances I find my hob get blocked jets when the wife cleans it with these cream cleaners .

Just a few things I would check that could lead to the same issues .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Another faint possibility. ..

In my U1 Barcelona, I found that the gas rings and oven would not stay lit when I released the knob after lighting. I got a tip to make sure I pressed the knob firmly in when lighting and hold it in for about ten seconds or more after it lit. Sorted. .. mainly.

There were one or possibly two rings that didn't obey this new regime and they had to be repaired under warranty.

If at first you don't succeed. ... redefine success.