Sign in to follow this  
LittleGreyCat

Hymer Eriba Nova 580 - Magnetic Curtain Problem

We have a slide out folding curtain between the bedroom and the living area.

There are dark grey magnetic buttons set into the vertical wood strip, and magnetic buttons concealed within the curtain material.

I've checked both sets of magnets with a steel knife to confirm that they are, in fact, magnetic.

They don't seem strong enough to hold the curtain closed.

I can get the middle magnet to engage by holding the curtain part way along its length to stop it withdrawing back into its hidey hole but it is a very weak hold. As far as I can see the magnets should have a really strong grab - especially as the bottom one is down by the fixed single bed and so quite difficult to get the curtain up against the magnet in the wood.

Anyone else have a similar curtain?

If so, does it work for you?

Nope but constructively replacing some of them with these will probably work. Just don't use too many, unless you want to imprison someone that is.

http://www. ebay. co. uk/sch/i. html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570. l1313&_nkw=rare+earth+button+magnets&_sacat=0

Lots of magnets on eBay but beware the Neomidium magnets as they are very very magnetic.

Brand new van so I would expect the dealer to fix it.

I was mainly wondering if anyone else had the same sort of arrangement and if it worked for them.

We have the same arrangement.  It’s too early to say how good a system it will be but we like the divide.  Curtain seems robust.  We seem to have less  magnets in the door than on the curtain 3:5.  

Ive not looked yet but assumed these were stuck-on magnets.  You say, however, they are recessed.  I’ll check ours.

if stuck on I thought of buying some from eBay.