Sign in to follow this  
RobJS

Bailey Parts Delivery Price

I was always put off by the delivery prices but alas, it seems that Bailey have seen the light and offer different delivery prices. i just paid 77p delivery for a few bits i needed (for which i couldn't justify the previously high postage costs).

Not sure if this is more widely known as there are bound to be people out there like me who were put off from ordering because of the costs of P&P.

:Thankyou: Rob,

I hadn't realised they'd changed their delivery policy. Although I haven't got a Bailey, I have in the past bought some generic caravan bits from their site . .. but like you I was put off by the high p&p for low-cost items.

John

i think that there are lots of us in the same boat who only wanted a few bits but sometimes the postage cost was more than the part. Happy shopping!

Don't forget that any parcel over 25mm thick is £2. 85 2nd class regardless of any weight up to 2 kgs. This is a killer on cheap thickish light parcels.

I find some sellers are now taping goods onto card to keep them flat and within this 1" thickness.

We bought two winter fridge vent covers in late 2016 for our Delta Ti, the price was very good but the postage was a bit steep. Then they turned up via a courier in a box that would have made a good dog kennel - 3' x 2' x 2' :lol: .

Will have to check out their latest postage rates as they do seem very competitive on some items.

I used to help out in a Chandlery that did mail order stuff and to be honest, these small itemes were a real pain

Most stuff was collected by courier and therefore had a fixed charge but those who "only wanted a small item" didn't understand that to post it either meant having a system to wrap it, weigh it, stamp it and frequently take it to the post office as well.

As said above small packets are quite expensive and the aggro of someone having to leave the shop, drive the mile and a bit to the PO, park (no parking outside the PO, so a five minute walk) and then queue up with all the mums paying their catalogue dues could easily take an hour. Even a basic letter had to be taken to a post box by someone on their way home.

Edited by matelodave

Being on good terms with my local Bailey agent (who supplied and services my vans) I just get them to add anything I want to their weekly parts order and I get it postage free; as they are only 2 miles up the road and I drive past quite regularly collection is not a problem.

The owners club made it very plain the dislike for the old system. We were promised a roll out on more reasonable charges for small items. It has been going on for some time now.

I think their carriage is quite reasonable. Most companies charge £3-4 pounds or more. the sheer convenience of having it within 24Hrs is worth the difference. I've always found their ability to supply excellent, no other Caravan Manufacturer comes anywhere near them. (I await the Flack). Matelodave sums it up quite nicely.

• Like 1

Our "in stock" fridge vents took 10 days to arrive. After patiently waiting for a week, phoned Bailey Parts and lo and behold the vents turned up. And yet they still expected me to pay for a 48 hour delivery.

Do swift still charge their stupidly expensive minimum of something like £10 delivery regardless.

I was told by our dealer even they have to pay it.

Does anyone know?

I don't know how much Swift charge their dealer but they will not deal direct with the public so do not run a spares service like Bailey.

They have been asked to time and time again on their forum but simply reply it is not their policy to do so. This places the poor customer in a bad position of having to pay a dealer mark up as well as waiting for the dealer to get round to ordering it and then the customer having to pick it up. I simply don't understand it as a business decision.

Being on good terms with my local Bailey agent (who supplied and services my vans) I just get them to add anything I want to their weekly parts order and I get it postage free; as they are only 2 miles up the road and I drive past quite regularly collection is not a problem.

Wow Kiaman, you've obviously got a good dealer! We ordered a sharks fin cushion (which takes no fitting at all) but were charged way over the price shown on Baileys Parts Direct site. Similarly with a mirror, but that did at least include 'fitting' (drilling 2 holes in wardrobe door, but £25 extra?). I could easily have 'fitted' them myself but at the time hadn't looked at Baileys site so was unaware of mark-up which way exceeds postage!

That said, strangely, they were quite reasonable on supply & fitting Sargeant alarm!

Edited by Endeeo

Although we do not have a Bailey caravan we ordered some towel hooks from them and the delivery price was more than reasonable.