C C Volvo Deals

I'm thinking of changing my car at the end of this year and my choice is between the V90 and the XC60.

Has anyone taken advantage of the CC discount and if so what were your experiences? Which dealer? How much? etc.

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral

Last time round, I went into my local dealer to confirm they would do the cc deal.

Unfortunately I discovered I had left it a bit late as that offer ended in days.

As we couldn't make our decision within the timeframe we expected to lose out.

The dealer said " don't worry, when you've decided, come back in. ..we have deals that will match the CC offer. .. anytime!"

I used my local dealer who did the CC system but their own discount was slightly better but he still give me free metallic paint and a discount on the extras as per the CC deal. If you go into the CC website and look at the deal it gives you details of which dealers will do you a deal based on the discounts offered. I have a V90 Inscription but due to back problems I am having to trade it in against a XC90 Momentum. Unfortunately it has cost me money but still got a good deal on the XC90. I have only got 1400 miles on the V90 and the factory fit electric towbar has never been used . When we ordered the car we tried the XC90 but my wife thought it was too big so I had to get the V90 . She has since decided that the V90 is too low for her as well hence the change to XC90. She has taken full responsibility for the change lol so I am not in the dog house.

• Like 1

Deals vary considerably, the headline affinity deals are often beatable but not neccessarily - if you're buying cash, look for PCP deals with an extra contribution from the manufacturer - if cancelled in 14 days, the full amount less ALL the discounts is paid with no iterest or admin charges.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

My Volvo dealer told me that that almost everyone falls into a category that qualifies for these affinity deals! And if you don't they'll make sure that you get the same deal some other way.

I think the CC deal also gets you a towbar, which possibly some of the others don't so it might be worth checking that out.

John

Now used it twice. In late 14 and late 16.

The current deal includes a towbar, or at least it did when my V60 Cross Country arrived in December last year.

I have, on both occasions, got the CC deal on top of dealer discounts.

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

We used the CC deal in March 2016 on an XC60, at our local dealer in Swindon.

As others have written, you may get a similar or better deal by haggling. For us it removed the need for that, and I'll admit it's not something I'm very comfortable with or particularly good at.

The deals do vary over time. Looking on the CC site now we would have got 10% off the list price and factory fitted extas (before VAT), then £1500 off before VAT, plus various finance offers and servicing offers.

We got:

10% as above,

free metallic paint,

£2750 off for taking 0% finance on 50% of the cost, repayable monthly over 2 years,

5 years servicing for £500

It worked for us, but appreciate it might not suit others.

Edited by MillieDog
  • Like 2

Thanks to everyone for responding.

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral