2015 Affinity Replacement Kitchen Tap

So, having checked on the 540 in storage a few weeks back I found a number of vertical cracks at the base of the kitchen tap spout - obviously frost damage that occurred during the winter. :(

The 'van is being serviced at the end of the month and I've been told that they'll swap the tap over as part of the service if I obtain a replacement in readiness for it.

So, I've been looking for replacement taps and gotten mighty confused! I thought that it would be a whale tap, but then spotted a Reich tap that looks similar. Also, I see that some taps come with microswitches, others without; some are for pressurised systems, others not. ....arghhh!

Just wondering if anyone can advise me as to what the correct spec would be for the tap (presumably it would be with a microswitch and non-pressurised, but I'm really not sure, hence the post) or, alternatively, provide some links to suitable taps?

Thanks in advance. :)

I assume it is not being replaced under guarantee? Try Leisureshopdirect, Ilfracombe. Tell them the model and

year, and they may be able to help. I find them very helpful.

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Good luck with the installation its a fridge out job.

David

Nissan X-Trail Adventura KIA Sorento & Elddis Affinity 554

Thanks both, I shall try Leisure shop direct in the next day or so then. I made an assumption that warranty wouldn't cover it so never even bothered looking in to it to be fair.

Yes, I did wonder if it would be fridge out - glad it's the service engineer doing it and not me, lol.

Good luck with the installation its a fridge out job.

Is there any chance of accessing the tap by taking off the external fridge vents? Just a thought! I'm not familiar with that model of caravan.

So, having checked on the 540 in storage a few weeks back I found a number of vertical cracks at the base of the kitchen tap spout - obviously frost damage that occurred during the winter. :(

The 'van is being serviced at the end of the month and I've been told that they'll swap the tap over as part of the service if I obtain a replacement in readiness for it.

So, I've been looking for replacement taps and gotten mighty confused! I thought that it would be a whale tap, but then spotted a Reich tap that looks similar. Also, I see that some taps come with microswitches, others without; some are for pressurised systems, others not. ....arghhh!

Just wondering if anyone can advise me as to what the correct spec would be for the tap (presumably it would be with a microswitch and non-pressurised, but I'm really not sure, hence the post) or, alternatively, provide some links to suitable taps?

Thanks in advance. :)

Surely as the service company is an Elddis dealer they will have a replacement tap in stock?

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk

Many vans use similar taps. You could have a look at Bailey parts direct site. They sell direct to the public.

• Like 1

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Many vans use similar taps. You could have a look at Bailey parts direct site. They sell direct to the public.

The OP has an Elddis caravan. .....different taps will be fitted.

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk

Is there any chance of accessing the tap by taking off the external fridge vents? Just a thought! I'm not familiar with that model of caravan.

Nope the fridge has to come out. no access from top fridge vent. There is a metal plate fitted above at top of the vent on my 550

Swift Colonsay 2006 2013 bailey valencia u2-- 2013 Elddis Affinity 550- 2017 Adria adora isonzo 613 platinum

• 4 weeks later...

Nope the fridge has to come out. no access from top fridge vent. There is a metal plate fitted above at top of the vent on my 550

Same on my 554 the service engineer tried everything but its fridge out.

David

Nissan X-Trail Adventura KIA Sorento & Elddis Affinity 554