2017 Caravan Year Starts Next Friday

David P

Our 2017 caravan year starts next Friday, away for 4 nights. Our last outing was the start of December! Sunday gone we got all our bedding, towels, rugs out to air them. Today we will go to the storage site to wake up the caravan. It needs a wash, so the 2 Aqua rolls will be full of water, so I can wash the caravan (12v submersible pump & hose), while the OH tends to the inside. Upholstery winterised in very large Ikea bags. We will get the Alde heating on while there to air the caravan. 2017 here we go.

Had some cracking sunny days away last year so here's hoping for more this year too - not that I'm greedy you understand :D

Whatever you're doing, wherever you're going and whatever the weather - Enjoy the time.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Have a great safe time everyone, I am still waiting for our towbar to arrive from Germany, apparently Mercedes have not allowed Westfalia to release it on the after sales market

Our 2017 caravan year will start straight after the February half term, when we will head to Morton in the Marsh for a week!

Looking forward to it already!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Ours will begin on 22nd Feb at Broadway CC site - in our new Pastiche. See you there Les Medes?

Our's come's out of hibernation for February half term also. We off to http://www. plassey. com I've been here a couple of times for our 1st of the year outings. Great site, and on site restaurant, coffee shop and shops, with a pool and great cycling.

Cannot wait. .. :D

The caravan industry's 2017 started in September 2016. February is the 6th month in their year.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

We start our on the 20th this month bit late for us. We went to the van to wake ours up. I did bring all the cushions to then a deep clean . Gave the caravan a clean in side . Stocked up with tin foods and more stuff we normally live in the caravan .

http://www. townsend-farm. co. uk/

We're waiting for our new caravan to be available after the 20th of Feb, we'll then go away for a shakedown trip before our season starts in earnest.

Our last trip away was in December and would have been away this month but went to Fuerteventura with friends (without caravan) instead.

Next trip is to Milford on Sea on the 14th February for a week.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

OOOOO exciting, we were away 2nd -5th January and we've got a week due in March, can't wait. In total we've got 4 caravan holidays booked including our 2 weeks in the summer in the lakes, a fraction of the cost for a cottage. wooohooo, the count down has begun. I've got my eye on a few weekends away as well. .. :rolleyes:

Have a brilliant time

Our season starts sometime before June !

That's half way through the year, does it end in September? LOL.

We both still work OH only part time, me full blown 12hr shifts, but we said from day one, back in 2004, we would try and get away most months. Will have to take a break shortly, ill health!

We haven't been away since September last year due to allsorts of commitments, problems, ill health (not ours) and general availability but planning to be away next weekend after we've picked up our new (to us) tow car - can't wait to try it. Definitely had withdrawal symptoms :unsure:

Ours starts at the end of March. We bought a new van today, so it will be a first outing with it.

Ours starts at the end of March. We bought a new van today, so it will be a first outing with it.

Oooo, so exciting, bet you can't wait. We're off tomorrow for 4 nights in our new van - looking forward to testing everything!

Oooo, so exciting, bet you can't wait. We're off tomorrow for 4 nights in our new van - looking forward to testing everything!

It should certainly blow any cobwebs away :o

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)