Sign in to follow this  
beejay

Paris Environmental Screen Stickers

Can't find anything in the FAQs but on another site it stated there was an exemption for Blue Badge holders displaying a BB.

Look here https://www. certificat-air. gouv. fr/en/foire-aux-questions

Under -

Who are Air Quality Certificates for? Edited by CaravanLady

Look here https://www. certificat-air. gouv. fr/en/foire-aux-questions

Under -

Who are Air Quality Certificates for?

Which states. ..

"Eligible vehicles still have to display a quality certificate in circumstances where it is required, especially in restricted traffic zones.

However, traffic restrictions do not apply to vehicles with a parking card for people with disabilities"

It appears therefore that 'disabled badges' exempt a vehicle but it may refer specifically to the French version of CIG and GIG. badges

It may be wise to contact the appropriate office for clarification.

Can some one tell me how to up load the V5C document, bearing in mind I know almost nothing about computers.

You need to scan your V5C on to your computer first and reduce it to 200KB in size and name it.

At the bottom of the online application click on "browse", select the V5C scanned document and it will then show in the browse box.

You need to scan your V5C on to your computer first and reduce it to 200KB in size and name it.

At the bottom of the online application click on "browse", select the V5C scanned document and it will then show in the browse box.

That's the bit I 'm having trouble with, I don't know how to reduce it to 200KB.

I scanned my V5 in colour, then changed it to black & white using photoshop: then reduced the resolution to 100pp. This came out exactly at 200Kb. OR, You could scan it as B&W after reducing your scanner settings to 100pp.

ps. I paid for mine using Post Office CC: the cost came out at £4. 10

Edited by laurieW

For info there is a problem with the French web site.

If you want to track your application you have to give your email address, the registration of the vehicle, and the order number (you did make a note of that didn't you?)

UK (or anywhere else in Europe for that matter) registration format does not match French format, and they have forgotten to change it, hence you will always get 'incorrect registration format' and cannot get any further. I have mailed their contact address but I won't hold my breath.

For info there is a problem with the French web site.

If you want to track your application you have to give your email address, the registration of the vehicle, and the order number (you did make a note of that didn't you?)

UK (or anywhere else in Europe for that matter) registration format does not match French format, and they have forgotten to change it, hence you will always get 'incorrect registration format' and cannot get any further. I have mailed their contact address but I won't hold my breath.

If you leave the reg number off (ie leave blank), you can then proceed

Are there likely to be any UK MOT ramifications as it has to be stuck in the lower righthand side of the windscreen?

My screen has a quite thick black then dappled out boarder; the instructions say it must be clearly visible from outside, so initial thoughts are this pushes mounting it close if not into conflict with the MOT unobstructed zone screen requirements? Not been out to check the details, but I can see some potential issues looming.

Any MOT testers out there know how this will pan out please?

I suppose I could put it on some clear plastic and tape it up for times I am in France if indeed there are issues for UK RHD vehicles.

If you leave the reg number off (ie leave blank), you can then proceed

+1 .

Order Number is on the Email Order Confirmation.

Just to update: the English version of the CritAir site works fine & in 24 hours I got email confirmation with a copy of the sticker to confirm classification until the actual one arrives by post. Seamless service & very prompt.

• Like 1

Applied online for my sticker yesterday, got confirmation email but hope we have not left it too late as we are travelling through France on the 2 April so hopefully will get the sticker in time.

Mine arrived a few days ago and stuck it in the screen on the right (Droit) and then realised it may have meant from inside and not outside. No pulling it off now! Stuck good and proper. Hey hoh!

:unsure:

Mine arrived a few days ago and stuck it in the screen on the right (Droit) and then realised it may have meant from inside and not outside. No pulling it off now! Stuck good and proper. Hey hoh!

:unsure:

The video shows which right they mean. The one that can be seen easily from the pavement, as in the pavement side in France, where they drive on the other side to us. ...... :rolleyes:

Applied online for my sticker yesterday, got confirmation email but hope we have not left it too late as we are travelling through France on the 2 April so hopefully will get the sticker in time.

You should get another email in another couple of days with an attached receipt and confirmation they have registered your vehicle details, you should take that with you.

Received ours within a week.

I scanned the registration document on a low resolution to make the file size small enough.

Good advice in this thread, thank you all.

I completed the application noting advice offered and got my scanned V5C down to 100 dpi, and it attached no problem. Received my invoice today saying the badge was on its way.

If my French is reliable it seems you can use the invoice to travel until the badge arrives:

Dans l’attente, cette facture vous permet de justifier de votre démarche et du classement de votre véhicule.

Gordon

• Like 1

Quick question:

Do I need to scan and send the entire V5C - all 4 pages of it, or if not, which sides?

I've got my V5C scanned as 4 separate files, so do I have to amalgamate these or can I send 4 separate files (keeping to the limit which I see is 400kB now).

Jack D

Quick question:

Do I need to scan and send the entire V5C - all 4 pages of it, or if not, which sides?

I've got my V5C scanned as 4 separate files, so do I have to amalgamate these or can I send 4 separate files (keeping to the limit which I see is 400kB now).

Jack D

I just sent the page that shows the emission figure (page 2, I think).

Also when it arrived I have stuck it onto a sheet of laminate so I can tape it to the windscreen when in France.

Tom

I just sent the page that shows the emission figure (page 2, I think).

Tom

Same here. Just the page with all the vehicle information on it. Mine arrived in about 3 weeks but I'm not sure what the current rate of processing is. Some have reported very quick return.

Gordon

Are you all really intending to drive into central Paris (inside the Boulevard Periphique), into Grenoble after day 5 of a polluting event, does your car weigh more than 3,5 tonnes and you intend to go into Lyon, or are you driving an HGV through the Mont Blanc tunnel. These are the only places you will actually need a sticker at the present time.

We have a son who lives in London, but we don't go anywhere near the LEZ and I don't think we're likely to drive into the LEZ's in any French cities in the near future so we haven't sent off for a sticker.

I'm posting this because there seems to be a lot of misinformation going about (much in the way of how many breathalysers were required) and two caravanning friends have both said 'You will need one nearly everywhere in France now if you're driving a motorhome or towing a caravan'.

Edited by ValA
  • Like 1

Are you all really intending to drive into central Paris (inside the Boulevard Periphique), into Grenoble after day 5 of a polluting event, does your car weigh more than 3,5 tonnes and you intend to go into Lyon, or are you driving an HGV through the Mont Blanc tunnel. These are the only places you will actually need a sticker at the present time.

We have a son who lives in London, but we don't go anywhere near the LEZ and I don't think we're likely to drive into the LEZ's in any French cities in the near future so we haven't sent off for a sticker.

I'm posting this because there seems to be a lot of misinformation going about (much in the way of how many breathalysers were required) and two caravanning friends have both said 'You will need one nearly everywhere in France now if you're driving a motorhome or towing a caravan'.

Val,

The honest answer is probably not! I bought one as at about £5 for the lifetime of the car it will be handy to have if I ever do need to go into a required zone.

Tom

• Like 1

I've just arrived home from a vacation in Spain (without the caravan) and stayed one night in an hotel in Lyon and only saw a very few cars with a Crit'Air sticker. This link may help to understand the use of the sticker in Lyon:-

https://www. aph. com/community/holidays/critair-crit-air-anti-pollution-stickers-lyon-france/

Although not an official website it does highlight that foreign registered vehicles weighing less than 3. 5t are not subject to the pollution restrictions.

I also stayed in Toulouse and it appears they are implementing Crit'Air legislation from 2018.

John.

On 04/10/2017 at 15:22, John19 said:

I also stayed in Toulouse and it appears they are implementing Crit'Air legislation from 2018.

John.

According to "The Local" today, Crit'Air stickers are required to drive into Toulouse and Annecy with effect from December 1st 2017.

Yes, more cities in France are coming on board this government scheme and many towns in France will set their own pollution protection zones within the next 5 years.  

I must admit that although I had a Crit'Air sticker fixed to the windscreen of our motorhome, we only saw one French vehicle with a Crit'Air sticker on it last year but for the small price of purchasing one it seems sensible to buy one in case you venture into one of the places covered by the regulations. I applied the other week for a sticker for our new car and it was issued and sent to me within the week - not bad service for the French.

Alan

The problem with these stickers, as far as I can see, is that the rules can be very different for each city which operates a scheme, and whilst one sticker is all that is required for one country (you will require different stickers for other countries) please don't expect that you will then automatically be allowed to drive into every city, on every day.   High pollution days have different rules - and on some days of very high pollution (allegedly) no vehicles will be allowed.   There is a plethora of websites to read, and 'it's all in the small print' - so make sure if you have a sticker that you are not complacent, and check the regulations for any city where you wish to drive into the centre - and on the day look out for the overhead gantries which will give you more details.

5 hours ago, ValA said:

The problem with these stickers, as far as I can see, is that the rules can be very different for each city which operates a scheme, and whilst one sticker is all that is required for one country (you will require different stickers for other countries) please don't expect that you will then automatically be allowed to drive into every city, on every day.   High pollution days have different rules - and on some days of very high pollution (allegedly) no vehicles will be allowed.   There is a plethora of websites to read, and 'it's all in the small print' - so make sure if you have a sticker that you are not complacent, and check the regulations for any city where you wish to drive into the centre - and on the day look out for the overhead gantries which will give you more details.

Not being able to drive at all into a city isn't very friendly to tourists who travel under their own steam.