Sign in to follow this  
Happydays3

Brittany Ferries Club Voyage

Admin comment:

While we understand that members are only trying to help each other, regrettably most years we have to remove such offers as offered above, because they contravene the rules set out by Brittany Ferries':-

Brittany Ferries

Club Voyage Travel Club Rules.

These conditions apply to all Club Voyage memberships with Brittany Ferries.

Membership and club benefits are limited to individuals and their associates (where applicable) only. Discounts applicable to members' travel extend to other people booked on the same ticket as the named member or associate card holder, one of whom must travel with the party.

That only applies to the full 30% discount, the 10% guest discount is in

Friends and family rewards

Get your friends and family to book with Brittany Ferries as a guest of your membership and for every booking made, we'll credit your Club Voyage account with £10 towards your own future travel. (Maximum credit accruable £150 per annum, allocated when you renew your membership†)

The discount would then apply if either of you traveled alone.

We have joint membership because both my wife and I go to the UK alone a few times a year.

Thanks for clearing that up, maybe something we do not need. Edited by Coastine

That only applies to the full 30% discount, the 10% guest discount is in

Friends and family rewards

Get your friends and family to book with Brittany Ferries as a guest of your membership and for every booking made, we'll credit your Club Voyage account with £10 towards your own future travel. (Maximum credit accruable £150 per annum, allocated when you renew your membership†)

Thank you "Lost in France".

Following my earlier posting I emailed Brittany Ferries for clarification and with their permission I copy below their response.

"Good afternoon,

With our Club Voyage membership members can indeed give their membership number to friends and family for them to get a 10% discount on ferry bookings. These offer a "guest discount" and members can have up to 15 guest bookings in a year.

Regards

Anne

Passenger Services"

Consequently it is now clear that while Brittany Ferries membership numbers can be used to permit a small discount for "friends" and "family members" but they cannot be published openly on a forum for anyone (everyone?) to use as indicated in the following statement on BF's website, "Friends and family discounts are designed with the intent to be used by those close to you as an added value benefit of membership. Promoting or advertising this membership benefit via websites, internet forums and elsewhere is strictly prohibited, and considered a breach of your membership. Friends and family discounts are limited to 15 per membership. "

Club Voyage Member's discount appears to be 30%, while guests (friends and family) discount is 10% with a small credit being added to the Club Voyage member's account, and this can be used towards their own travel bookings.

Gordon

Just to add something to the information here.

BF will also act if you start a thread advertising the fact that you have a number available. I found that out the hard way.

They are more relaxed if you respond to a thread where someone is asking for a number.

But there is no reason why people on the forum can become a member and friends that regularly travel on ferries and both save ?

Dave

If you don't know the person you disclose your code to the risk is that they could give that code to others and you could exceed the acceptable use.

knarf

If you don't know the person you disclose your code to the risk is that they could give that code to others and you could exceed the acceptable use.

knarf

I've been e-mailing BF this morning over something else but thought I would ask the question, their reply was;

You can give your membership number to a maximum of fifteen people per year (membership year).

I've been e-mailing BF this morning over something else but thought I would ask the question, their reply was;

You can give your membership number to a maximum of fifteen people per year (membership year).

If you give your code to someone on a forum there is nothing to stop them forwarding that code to all and sundry and you could find that Brittany Ferries could cancel your membership as they could consider you had breached breached their T&C.

You will only get credited for a maximum of !5 people.

knarf

You will only get credited for a maximum of !5 people.

knarf

Actually you only get credited for 15 journeys friends make, whether it's 15 trips by one person or 1 trip each by 15 people,

ie if 5 friends used your number to make 4 trips each, you would only be credited with the first 15, it wouldn't be against their T & C but if 16 'friends' tried to use your card it would be.

Just to clarify the situation.

If you join the France club you get 30% off all BF crossings to France (but only for the ferry part not cabins) and a 15% discount if you use a Spanish crossing.

Join the Spanish club and its 30% off sailings to Spain and 10% off sailings to France.

So you have to join (and pay for) BOTH voyage Clubs to get the savings on both routes.

As we tend to go to France a lot more than Spain then we are in the France club, we use Poole - Cherbourg and for the first year if I did just one crossing I would be £5 out of pocket, but if I did 2 crossings (and every crossing in subsequent years) I save 30% off every sailing.

For example going out on 29 Apr and returning 5 June the full fare (car = 8m caravan + 2 adults) is £410, with the club voyage I am paying £287 a saving of £123 for an annual memebreship fee of £70 (both daylight sailings so no cabin costs)

Andy

Do you now get 30% discount for any crossing regardless of duration? I used to be a POC member for many years, and the discount then was variable dependant of length of stay and class of crossing.

(France membership only)

Edited by ian16527

Do you now get 30% discount for any crossing regardless of duration? I used to be a POC member for many years, and the discount then was variable dependant of length of stay and class of crossing.

(France membership only)

Yes, it changed 2 or 3 years ago.

I was doing a lot of foot px crossing before then and with only a 15% Club Voyage discount it wasn't worth joining when I could use a friends code and get 10% but when it changed to 30% off all crossing it became worth my while joining.

It is unlikely that BF will offer a third party (CC) a better discounted rate than a scheme they operate themselves (Club Voyage) isn't it?

If they did it would actually pull in less income because not only would the traveller be paying less in total but the CC would be getting a percentage as well.

When comparing like for like don't forget that Club Voyage membership holders get 30% off the fare for the particular routes they have membership for (France OR not AND Spain)

Having spent a considerable time working the numbers out the France membership is certainly the best deal for me after taking everything into account. Others clearly find (feel?) differently.

Using the travel dates listed in my previous post The CC are currently quoting me £324 each way YET on the BF website the quote is £219 each way (before any membership discount is applied) ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE pounds LESS than the CC want!

I have actually paid less then £300 return!! Via Club Voyage France.

Interesting numbers eh?

Andy

Hi Andy, Having posted in this thread I felt that I needed to follow up on this post.

I don't post a lot but one thing that I always try and remember to say is that you should never, ever, assume that a deal that you or someone else got will be the same for others.

If you made savings that you are happy with that is great but. ............

I have done the comparison, today on web chat with BF,and for my trip this year the Caravan Club is £350 less than BF and over £60 less than the cost if I was member of Club Voyage. BUT you then have to add the cost of this, which in year 1 is £140, so still £200 less. The info is based on the following;

Web chat text-

With the membership discount it would be £417. 60 (+ breakfast allowance & discount on food on board), without the Club Voyage discount, it would be £594. 00.
Caravan Club Price
Brittany Ferries This ferry Outbound 18/05/2017 Plymouth - Roscoff oep: 20:45 Arr: 08:00 7 Camping Cheques_ Inbound 18/06/2017 Roscott - Plymouth oep: 09:15 Arr: 13:30 Ship Name: Pont Aven £353. 55 Cheapest tare BOOK NOW 

As you can see the saving is considerable and includes 7 Camping Cheques.

It may be that you did not get a ITX package price so Iooked at a ferry only booking and the club is still cheaper at £433 OR it may just be that on the route/day/time that you are using the savings are not as good but I don't think you can assume that;

It is unlikely that BF will offer a third party (CC) a better discounted rate than a scheme they operate themselves (Club Voyage) isn't it?

It sees that, for me at least, something that sounds too good to be true actually is true.

If you are not a CC member and want a quote let me know details and I will gladly get a price for you.

Allan

Hi Andy, Having posted in this thread I felt that I needed to follow up on this post.

I don't post a lot but one thing that I always try and remember to say is that you should never, ever, assume that a deal that you or someone else got will be the same for others.

If you made savings that you are happy with that is great but. ............

I have done the comparison, today on web chat with BF,and for my trip this year the Caravan Club is £350 less than BF and over £60 less than the cost if I was member of Club Voyage. BUT you then have to add the cost of this, which in year 1 is £140, so still £200 less. The info is based on the following;

Web chat text-

With the membership discount it would be £417. 60 (+ breakfast allowance & discount on food on board), without the Club Voyage discount, it would be £594. 00.

Caravan Club Price

Brittany Ferries 

This ferry 

Outbound 18/05/2017 Plymouth - Roscoff oep: 20:45 Arr: 08:00 7 Camping Cheques_ 

Inbound 18/06/2017 Roscott - Plymouth oep: 09:15 Arr: 13:30 

Ship Name: Pont Aven £353. 55 Cheapest tare BOOK NOW
As you can see the saving is considerable and includes 7 Camping Cheques.

It may be that you did not get a ITX package price so Iooked at a ferry only booking and the club is still cheaper at £433 OR it may just be that on the route/day/time that you are using the savings are not as good but I don't think you can assume that;

It sees that, for me at least, something that sounds too good to be true actually is true.

If you are not a CC member and want a quote let me know details and I will gladly get a price for you.

Allan

Allan - great prices for the cc. We have found that inside school holidays (particularly the summer) that the 30% offering gives far more discount than through the cc. Then add in the freebies such as brekkie and referral fees (this year they took £40 off ours - not much, but it all helps).

The other reason why we booked direct was that the cc site offering for France didn't open until later on last year and we wanted to book direct with the site in sept as all the best pitches were booked up way in advance of the cc overseas service.

I do agree with you that at that saving through the cc, you can easily justify going down the cc route rather than club voyage. Just assume it depends on what time of year and what your needs are

Ive never minded friends on here using my code- one day i would like use it myself though. .... this will be 2 years with no trip! Next year will be different though. Its great that BF have allowed me to defer my crossing- they were very accommodating and i cant thank them enough. They certainly are looking after me as a club voyage member and i am grateful for that.

Edited by RobJS
  • Like 2

If You need a number just PM me. Full spanish member.

Allan - great prices for the cc. We have found that inside school holidays (particularly the summer) that the 30% offering gives far more discount than through the cc. Then add in the freebies such as brekkie and referral fees (this year they took £40 off ours - not much, but it all helps).
The other reason why we booked direct was that the cc site offering for France didn't open until later on last year and we wanted to book direct with the site in sept as all the best pitches were booked up way in advance of the cc overseas service.

I do agree with you that at that saving through the cc, you can easily justify going down the cc route rather than club voyage. Just assume it depends on what time of year and what your needs are

Hi milkymarsh,

I have never booked in the summer months but that was what I was meaning by saying that you should never assume.

It is generally the case that overnight trips are more expensive, plus you need a cabin, but for our Plymouth to Roscoff route the Thursday night is well over £100 less than a Friday morning so you have to do the work to ensure you get the savings.

I have also found that some people do indeed think that the savings are too good to be true, hence my comment,and so do not even bother or try and find the effort needed-it can sometimes be very frustrating as just now when the Club website is down-too much so give up.

Another thing is that BF are particularly good if you are towing a van but not so good if you are a motorhomer and the Plymouth route does seem to get good discounts but can see that many may not even consider this route. If you are a Caravan Club member then the comparisons can be done with relative ease.

It may be that in future Club Voyager will become more viable for me but with so many offering the membership for use I am now aware of another option!

Allan

• Like 1