Pipes, Tubes And Anything Else You Want To Call Them

Quick question folks.

I've noticed on many serviced pitches some people have rigid drain pipes attached to the drain exits. 2 into 1 type thing then into the pitch drain.

The key thing is that the pipes are rigid and smooth - usually white plastic.

I have a similar set up but with semi rigid pipes.

I assumed I could just get these rigid ones in b&q but the smallest they sell is 32mm and exit pipes from the caravan are 28mm.

So the question is are people using 32mm with some forms of downsizing connector, or are people finding bespoke piping made for caravans or something else completely?

Thanks

Fire. Now there's a hot topic!

The caravan accessory shop sells a range of waste pipe fittings.

Without having my caravan available to measure I believe that 28mm convoluted waste pipes fit inside 32mm rigid fittings.

Edited by DeeTee

Unless you have something special most UK caravan drain outlets are designed to take 32mm pipe.

Simple solution is to measure the sizes of the fitting and get pipe to fit. Mine is certainly standard pipe fitting sizes - I got them from Screwfix.

However what I have done is get a sweep T, and three 90deg bends all push fit. Then some small pieces of pipe to link them together so that they push into the dual outlets. Finally I push a 32mm flexible hose into the open end for the water to drain away. I also have a short piece - a foot or so long - to make it usable with the Wastemaster.

Simples really.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

I simply use two as short as possible pieces of convoluted pipe between the caravan twin outlet and the 32mm fittings.

As others do, I have an Equal T and a 90° Conversion Bend joined to receive and merge the waste water from the caravan into a single outlet and a small selection of 32mm bits and pieces for use as necessary on site.

• Like 1

To extend my water outlet into the hedge I use an old vacuum cleaner flexible hose.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

The caravan accessory shop sells a range of waste pipe fittings.

Without having my caravan available to measure I believe that 28mm convoluted waste pipes fit inside 32mm rigid fittings.

There are various products around that do the same job, such as this one http://www. care-avan. co. uk/Drain-Away. html

Camperick,

A word of warning - do not connect the shower tray outlet directly to any sink outlet, as the sink contents can flow up and into the shower tray. Linking two sinks together should not cause any problems.

Gordon

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

We bought all our stuff from B&Q at a fraction of the price some caravan accessory shops were charging as they probably bought the fittings from B&Q. LOL! :D

A word of warning - do not connect the shower tray outlet directly to any sink outlet, as the sink contents can flow up and into the shower tray. Linking two sinks together should not cause any problems.

Gordon

I link outside the caravan with no problems occurring.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

Even if the shower waste is separate from the two sinks, they are joined together as they exit the caravan. So it's essential to have a good drop on the pipe going to the pitch drain in order to avoid gunge bubbling up into the shower.

Land Rover having a rest.

Modern caravan flexible waste pipe is specified as 28mm - INSIDE diameter. House waste pipe (for sinks) is typically 32mm OUTSIDE diameter; and its' inside diameter is, conveniently, 28mm.

Thus the push-fit waste pipe for homes is ideal for this application in my opinion.

You need a few supports (adjustable height) to get the required gradual fall to the site's drain and a selection of joiners, elbows etc. ,. The caravan flexible pipe joins into the push-fit joiners and elbows fairly well, so allowing any angle to be set with minimal 'leakage' (if any).

This has been discussed many times before on here and a search of the forum will undoubtedly find plenty of varied suggestions of what is 'best'. ;)

Edited by Rodders53

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

I found Wickes to be cheaper than B&Q

Retirement, the best job I've ever had. The only problem is, I don't get a day off.

You know you're an intellectual when you hear The William Tell Overture and you don't think of the Lone Ranger.

I do the same as others here but have made up 'trombone' style sliders from 32mm & 40mm pipe. Two 3m lengths of 40mm & 32mm pipe cut into 2m & 1m lengths. So one 2m length extending to almost 4m, and one 1m length extending to almost 2m. There are some open sided pipe clips screwed to the underside of the caravan floor near the waste outlets, so are always to hand. Never lost any pipe while travelling. Can't claim it's all my own idea, but handy nonetheless.

I try and remember to disconnect the shower waste outlet in winter when it's likely to freeze but sometimes forget!

TS

Edited by TinShack

I found Wickes to be cheaper than B&Q

Screwfix usually have good prices I find also .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Screwfix usually have good prices I find also .

Dave

Same firm as B&Q could well be same but cheaper because of their different way of doing business.

Regards, David

I use 32mm and 40mm,put 32mm inside 40mm acts like a telescopic get a selection of pipe fittings,cut pipe to width of locker or boot for easy storage

I drain waste water in to a Fiama 23l Roll tank. The base has an outlet that will take a standard garden hose or washing machine hose connector. I carry a length of garden hose and connect this from the Fiama tank to the waste point. This arrangement works well and any blockage in the runaway pipe would not result in water backing into the shower tray.