Ian McH

2017 Commodore

Done the rewire on the bed headboard light which now comes on with the side of bed switch and provides a much better effect.

Banished the earwigs with the aluminium mesh across the floor vent under the bed.

That's 2 brownie points for me from Mrs Chief. :-)

I see on the 2018 forum that several are getting excited about the Barracuda. No Commodore owners though I think. We have already reached Nirvana after all. LoL.

3 more sleeps till a month in Cornwall!

• Like 2

UPDATE:

Just completing last booked trip this year.

90 nights out.

18 different sites.

About 2500 miles.

Towed and worked like a dream.

Underfloor heating a real plus.

No functional faults at all.

Cracked valance/skirt and minor capping on N/S awning rail being changed by dealer on Monday.

If things carry on like this we'll be very happy vanners.

A far cry from the posts i had to make a year or two ago!

65 today and off to the beach!

I hope all other 2017 owners can report similarly. :-)

Cheers,

Graham.

• Like 2

Congratulations on your birthday

• Like 2

UPDATE:

90 nights out.

18 different sites.

About 2500 miles.

Cracked valance/skirt and minor capping on N/S awning rail being changed by dealer on Monday.

Cheers,

Graham.

Our Cruiser is used most weekends and holidays and touch wood it's been great, had a couple of teething problems to start with. We have just ordered our new van for deliver March 2018 and went for a Commodore, we're going down to the Elddis show on Sunday to see the vans, lets hope the new van performs as well as the Cruiser.

• Like 3

Happy birthday Graham.

• Like 1

Our Cruiser is used most weekends and holidays and touch wood it's been great, had a couple of teething problems to start with. We have just ordered our new van for deliver March 2018 and went for a Commodore, we're going down to the Elddis show on Sunday to see the vans, lets hope the new van performs as well as the Cruiser.

We are hoping to be there on Saturday, but may have to cancel due to a medical issue.

We are hoping to be there on Saturday, but may have to cancel due to a medical issue.

Hope things improve Ian.

Always fancied visit to Elddis factory nut always away when its on.

Thanks to all for good wishes.

A wise choice if I may say! You'll not regret it I'm sure.

I think the only major difference for 2018 is that its now ABS panels front and back. So hopefully an end to cracks.

If they've gone for a more robust worktop finish and sorted the ridiculous draining board that'd be a plus!

Look forward to hearing all the feedback.

GB.

• Like 2

Hope you manage to make to the Elddis factory on Sunday

I think the only major difference for 2018 is that its now ABS panels front and back. So hopefully an end to cracks.

I always assumed GRP was better, especially after the issues I had with cracked ABS rear panels on my Elddis Affinity. I know you can get issues with GRP (my GRP front panel was also repaired!) but thought it was stronger and easier to repair than ABS. Maybe it's just down to a bad experience, hopefully the Explorer Group have resolved those issues now.

Mark.

If they've gone for a more robust worktop finish and sorted the ridiculous draining board that'd be a plus!

Look forward to hearing all the feedback.

GB.

The worktop and sliding table tops do look a bit flimsy and may crack if you look at them too long. :) I wonder if it is a big job to replace with a thicker material in the event that you do manage to crack it? Unfortunately if you crack it I wonder if you could make a warranty claim as obviously it would not be "durable"?

• Like 1

I always assumed GRP was better, especially after the issues I had with cracked ABS rear panels on my Elddis Affinity. I know you can get issues with GRP (my GRP front panel was also repaired!) but thought it was stronger and easier to repair than ABS. Maybe it's just down to a bad experience, hopefully the Explorer Group have resolved those issues now.

Mark.

This is going over old ground a bit but:

Yes you are right, grp is easier to fix but the issue Explorer group have had with cracked and crazing grp panels was attributed to their supplier's build standard and quality control failures. Hence they have shifted to a European sourced panel supplier. I think it might be the same one used by Adria.

Rob Quine was my source for this information.

This is going over old ground a bit but:

Yes you are right, grp is easier to fix but the issue Explorer group have had with cracked and crazing grp panels was attributed to their supplier's build standard and quality control failures. Hence they have shifted to a European sourced panel supplier. I think it might be the same one used by Adria.

Rob Quine was my source for this information.

I am sure that they are still using the same supplier Lamplas is the name is on the 2018 brochure?

UPDATE:

90 nights out.

18 different sites.

About 2500 miles.

Cheers,

Graham.

Happy birthday Graham

Ps with a happy Buccaneer

• Like 1

I am sure that they are still using the same supplier Lamplas is the name is on the 2018 brochure?

It might be Ian but thats what i was told.

As you know well Explorer Group documentstion is, not always up to date and accurate.

Will all of you going to the open day ask them what they are doing to fix the cushion problems.

Thanks Ian

ps Happy birthday Graham, same age as me.

Edited by IanV8
  • Like 2

Will all of you going to the open day ask them what they are doing to fix the cushion problems.

Thanks Ian

Cheers Ian! I echo your request to explorer group about the cushions. I think ours are starting to sink a bit. I am 75kg so pretty average I'd say. I'll have a better look when i get home this weekend and we get the throws off.

My 2017 Bucc. Galera is starting to get 'cushion problems' but (as per others' complaints) it's the covering on the back of the backrests coming away from the foam, on 'internal' corners, i. e. where the backrest is shaped to sit against and on-top of the wooden backrest support. All was well until the cushions / backrests were used as the bed-base; the material moved around and some of the the small plastic staples which pin the covering to the foam came adrift. Then, once that happens there's no longer a 'corner rebate' to locate the backrest so it slides down and off the seat support, which is annoying and ruins the look of the seats, on both the dinette and main settees. A picture would have prevented the need for all the blurb but I'm not with 'van at present.

I will take it up with dealer next time I'm at van and can take pics, but I'm hoping it's an issue that Elddis (or Ozio?) are aware-of and have a fix.

Cheers, Andy

• Like 1

Thanks Ian

Will do Ian and listen to what they have to say about the cushions, will let you know what there reply is.

• Like 1

On the Buccaneer Caravans Group on Facebook I posted a question about the Ozio cushions and was quite surprised at the number of people who had similar issues with the Ozio rubbish from Leisure Furnishings. Not sure why Elddis are still using them if Elddis are getting such large numbers of complaints about the furnishings. BTW when we were going to send our seat cushion away for repair I was told the turnaround time was up to six weeks! In the end we rejected the caravan but mainly for other reasons.

We sent our front base cushions back to Leisure Furnishings start of this year for replacement and they were returned three week later. We're starting to notice that they are going the same way as the last ones.

Need to listen to Elddis on Sunday and see what excuse's they come up with. :o

Hi Sparkie240, could you please let us know what excuse Elddis give you regarding the cushions on your factory visit on Sunday, thanks

• Like 1

Hi Sparkie240, could you please let us know what excuse Elddis give you regarding the cushions on your factory visit on Sunday, thanks

Hi grey1 no problem I will put the post on this thread on Sunday night looking forward to the explanation from Elddis :rolleyes:

• Like 2

We tried to get an answer for some problems on the open day, but they were not at all receptive. I wouldn't hold your breath for any kind of useful input from them.

I am still searching for someone who will make us a complete set of new seating to replace the junk in our 2017 Cruiser. The seating in our 2013 Affinity looked as good as the day it was picked up three years later when we traded in. This stuff looks like it has had 5 years wear in less than one season, and we are occasional weekenders. I suppose I could complain about it but what am I likely to get? Probably the same again so what is the point.

Thanks Ian

Can anyone say what the cushion problems are? We are going to the Elddis open day tomorrow so will ask a few questions.