Sign in to follow this  
s2sap

Awning Rail Protector - Does It Stop Black Streaks

I seen this for sale on ebay and wondered if anyone uses them. I don't really see what it protects but would be interested in it if it stopped black streaks forming

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Caravan-Awning-Rail-Protector-12m-Long-Strip-Prevents-Black-Streak-Marks-Forming-/152347399744?_trksid=p2141725. m3641. l6368

i use the exact one and the short answers is yes- mostly! i do get streaks appearing at the bottom of the windows but for the most its a good investment, i have them fitted on both sides of the van.

• Like 1

I have only bought one a couple of months ago after searching for a White version (thanks to Glen & Les) I found one, I checked the van mid week in storage and the sides are as clean as a whistle so at present,well chuffed with it

Definately works on mine

Yes it's great, I have been using it for years. We have a seasonal pitch and it cuts down the black streaks down the van, had a bit of searching getting white protector rail.

Bought some white for both sides of our 2016 Lunar Clubman and no streaks from the roof area, but just light streaks from the bottom of the windows. Ita a no brainer

• Like 1

Yes the same here. You do get some lighter streaks at the bottom of the window, but still worth it.

I used it for 3 years no more black streaks like every one else says under the windows,it comes from the rubber seals,I clean mine and it keeps it at bay,also you can buy the white awning rail protector from amazon. i washed my van today

post-66072-0-98969100-1481467056_thumb.jpg

Sadly not for me :(

I'm going to get some as another plus is, if you cut them too long it will direct any water away from underneath and the caravan floor :)

90%... Get the odd one from distortion of the strip but much better with than without. Also helps keep rail clean from bugs. ..

Malc'

If the 'van isn't level side to side, you could get black streaks down one side and not the other. Also if there's the slightest breeze, the wind simply blows and dripping water back onto the 'van sides. Only sure fire way is to have a drip strip that's maybe 6" wide lol.

Having said that, drip strips do seem to reduce streaks for us but not 100% as the drip strips are deformed/bent/out of shape in places due to the nature of the cheap material used.